We needed a weekend getaway from Dallas and The Galvestonian provided a superb place for my family and I to stay. The beach here is as nice or nicer than any other beach area I've seen in Galveston, and I've seen them all. Being away from the crowded seawall area & Stewart Beach was awesome. The staff at The Galvestonian was clearing away seaweed both mornings we were there which made the beach feel nicer throughout the day. It almost felt like a private beach with the free beach towels, chairs & umbrella that are available ($30), and the small number of people on the beach. The pool area was very nice too with chairs straightened regularly and towels available for guest use. Every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful, but Roz is clearly the rock star among them! She made some great suggestions for places to eat & her smile is infectious!
I would have given the Galvestonian 5 stars had it not been for the few minor maintenance issues with our 2 bedroom rental (slow toilet, inoperative ceiling fan in the master, broken patio door latch), but these were minor and we let the staff know about them on our way out. The air conditioning worked great, and our room was always a comfortable temperature. It was also nicely furnished and very clean on arrival.
As a native Texan and a frequent Galveston visitor, I'm not sure why I've never heard of this great place before! You should stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston