We had a great Mother's day weekend at this hotel. The room is a great size and layout for my small family of 3 and my husband's parents. Access to the beach and the pool were spectacular, I did not have to cross a busy road with my 2 year old. I also believe that they rake up the seaweed to make their stretch of beach nicer.
We had two issues during our stay - 1) despite booking a room with 2 king beds, we were moved to a different room about 2 weeks before our stay. We had asked for them to make the second room with twin beds into a king bed and this was not done prior to our arrival. They did send someone up to immediately rectify this. This room also had all glass tables - which I wonder if our original room might have better furniture for a toddler who does not understand glass tables can break easily.
2) The oven light stayed on the entire time we were there. We told the maid who changed the beds and she said maintenance would fix it but no one ever came to correct it. (we were there for 3 nights)
The only other thing I would change is that it would be nice to have some curtains in the bedroom facing the water. The shades just don't block enough light to keep it dark for sleeping early in the morning or for toddler nap time.
The hospitality and amenities (coffee and tea all the time, donut holes in the morning, pool and beach towels that are easily accessible) all made for a great stay and we will definitely stay here again in the future. The staff was responsive to most of our needs and even helped us fax a document that had a time limit on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Otel so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston