The Galvestonian
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beacheast beachhot tubthree bedroombath condobeach towelsdaily maid servicefull kitchenpicnic areapool deckthought of everythingplace to stayboogie boardseach morningdirect beach accessnice condofire pit
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This place is great. My family had a great time. The beach is clean, the pool is awesome. The rooms are clean and comfy. I really appreciated they have buggies in the lobby so you can get all your groceries up in one trip. I can't think of anything negative to say about this place. Thumbs up to the Galvestonian!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank kristin1024
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The Galvestonian will definitely be on our vacation list again. It was clean, updated and had all the amenities Moms and kids could enjoy. The private beach was clean and safe. The pool was also clean and big enough for everyone to enjoy. Best part was the helpful staff. They recommended a place to eat and that had great food, local flavor and reasonable prices. A must stay!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank susanlhand
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The Galvestonian's beachfront location made it easy for us to go back and forth to the beach without having to pack up the car and drag around our sandy belongings. The lobby is beautiful and the particular unit we stayed in was very pretty and had all the things we needed. We opted to grocery shop and stay in for most meals - since the kids would tire themselves out at the beach all day.

Room Tip: Ask them about remodeled units
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BeachMom72
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My husband and I needed to go to Houston for a couple of nights but after that wanted to get out of the big city. After talking to my Texas living brother and doing some research we decided that Galveston would suit us very well for a beach holiday. Galveston is easily accessible from Houston; just a pretty direct one hour drive away. We stayed at the Galvestonian and it could not have been better. Here's why we chose it and why it was so great. Most importantly, IT'S RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!! Most of the popular gulf waterfront areas on the island require that you cross the very busy seawall blvd. to get to the water. Who wants that! The Galvestonian is at a more secluded end of the island (we love our peace and quiet!), yet only a couple minutes drive to lots of restaurants and attractions. All of the units have balconies with gulf views; this is the most important factor for me to have a large unobstructed view of water. However, I did notice that some of the units on one end had balconies where one could also view the sunset which would have been nice. The units are all privately owned so the decor depends on the owner but ours, a small one bedroom (405) was fantastic, beautifully appointed and everything we needed in the kitchen and VERY CLEAN. There is a great pool and also a fitness room, bikes to borrow, tennis courts, and dining areas that you can reserve on the grounds with barbeques. The lobby is airy and beautifully decorated; casually elegant I would say. Kudos to the decorator.
As far as the beach goes, it may not be white sand but nonetheless at the Galvestonian it is a perfect beach. There was a little bit of seaweed at the water's edge but it was soft enough to walk on. We generally don't swim and didn't here so I cannot comment on that but the beach is EXPANSIVE and you can walk for miles. We were there in April and saw very few people on the beach. But most of the time we were happy to view the beach and water from above happily viewing the beautiful scenery from our balcony. The staff were friendly and very attentive. The lobby printer was out of order and the front desk offered to print my boarding passes for me. All in all, a great alternative to the Florida beach scene. Oh, and if you go you MUST dine at Rudy and Paco's. I had the creamy poblamo soup and the jumbo crab cake and my husband the plaintain encrusted red snapper. and we are still dreaming about it. We shared their famous bread pudding. Fabulous!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jmnpr
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We have stayed at the Galvestonian at least 5 times. And the staff has always been amazing. I believe that the condos are all individually maintained so can't speak for all of the units. But everyone we have stayed in was very nice. We have stayed in the small 1 bedrooms and the 3 bedroom, 3 bath.
There isn't one bad thing that I can think of to say. The service is wonderful and the amentities are too. It's so nice to be on a quiet area of the beach with my family and kids. there is a gianormous new building next door and we wouldn't stay there is you paid us (well... ;) )

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family