“Beware!!!!”
Review of Mariner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Mariner Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Galveston B&B and Inns
“Beware!!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2006

This place was a nightmare!!!. I booked online at $99.00 a night, thinking for that price it had to be decent. I was deceived. When you drive up you first think it might be ok. We requested a non-smoking room and did not get one at first. The first room we walked into the smoke could knock you over. There is a small garage sale table in the room with two white lawn chairs. The sheets were stained. The bathroom - NIGHTMARE. I am not exagerating when I say this. The shower (standing) had a coarse concrete floor which was not sanitary, the shower head had green grime on it. There was some brown clumpy substance with hair on the wall (believed to be human feces). There was no towel rack so the towels were folded on the table. The second room we went into the garage sale table was broken, there was substance splashed on the TV. Now this room had a refrigerator, but it did not work. I recommend that you spend some extra money and go somewhere else. I asked for someone to clean the bathroom since they would not refund our money and she stated there was no one available but the owner would come take a look around 10pm. We had to spend money on sheets and bleach! We eventually found a reasonable hotel (for the area) that was clean and nice at Gaido's (equivalent to a Motel 6)

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed June 11, 2006

June 6 - 9. The best thing about the Mariner Motel is its location on the seawall and a rock pier across the street. And it has a pool. Other than that...
The room we had was musty-smelling. We wore our water shoes in the shower and on the carpet. The bed had springs sticking out along one whole side. Roaches were all over the place. We got good at killing them....They gave us towels if we caught the lady as she pushed her cart past the room.
The worst part was the construction going on above our room on the second floor. Our truck was parked outside our door and later I came out to find the windshield had 2 BIG CRACKS in it!...The management first said there was no construction (Ha!), then that they didn't see anything happen. They called us liars and said to file a police report if we wanted.....I at least expected an apoligy, not to be treated as an idiot.
Beware when you can't get your money back after booking the rooms. We would have left when we first looked in but they won't refund anything. That's the only way they get any business....

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Reviewed November 16, 2005

The person who manages this hotel, should ashamed of theyselves. The water across the street is deceiving cause you think you have a pretty good deal being across the street from water. The hotel itself is filthy, and nasty as hell! The outside is basic and bare, so we opened the door and walked into a closet of nastiness, it was so horrible and ugly. I felt like trash if I stayed there. I had never seen such a small and class-less hotel, thats why its so damn cheap. You only paying for air and convenience. The bed was ugly, the tv was on a stand barely standing, nothing else was there, and the restroom-please! Im telling people to hang up the idea of going, unless you like the idea of a cheap class-less hotel, thats filty, go for it! DO NOT ENTER-BEFORE OF CONTAMINATION! It was pure sad!

Stayed November 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas
Reviewed May 28, 2005

Hello, I stayed in the Marineer Motel for one week, cost $203.00
per week right before they went up on summer rates. I thought
it was an excellent bargain the rooms were very nice with an
good view of the ocean. They also had a refrigerater and cable
T.V. The maid came by every day and cleaned room. The restroom
was also okay a standup shower. The motel also had a very nice
clean pool and also free ice at ice machine. The beach is right acose
street and several nice restaurants are within walking distance. I
cant see any differance in the $100.00 per night rooms and the
room I had at Marineer Inn. So I will rebook there again in future.
The staff was also very helpful and friendly. Its a great place too
stay.

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank smokey1
Reviewed May 26, 2005

We really enjoyed our stay. The ocean was just across the street--we had a beautiful view! The furnishings seemed a bit old, however, clean. The price advertised was $32.95-this was for one person--for two people it was $39.95.....cheap, cheap, cheap! For that price (and with that view and beach access) I can handle older furnishings as long as everything is clean! We definitely will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2004

Well, like I said, we had a view of the water, but the top of the office obstructed most of it. The windows were filthy, I almost pulled out the windex Ha!, and behind the curtain...ugggh, we won't even go there.
Soon as we walked in my daughter, whom is six, screamed..she seen a cricket jump across the bed...we had to laugh. The sheets on the bed had millions of cigarette holes in them, and they told us this was a non smoking room. LOL
There were also hair on the sheets, makes me wonder if they washed them. It had a musty old smell, everything was old and worn. The bathroom door would not shut without slamming, and the lighting in the bathroom and hotel room was so dark, you could not see much, the light globe had been taken completely off in the bathroom.
The front door on the room was torn up so bad, we were not sure if the lock would work or not. I would suppose all the other doors were bad, you could hear people slamming theirs also. The pool was horrendous! nasty with pigeon and other bird poop floating in it, never seen anybody even go close to it. The stairs leading to the upstairs and all the bannisters and walkways looked like they could really use a coat of paint.(BAD), but for all of this, we did not spend much time in the room, but for the price of $84 something dollars for 2 nights, I still believe that we could have spent that and added a little more and invested in a better spot to stay in...Maybe next time. The people running the hotel were mostly friendly, the second shift anyway. And they come into your room to vacuum the floor and bring new towels while you are gone without asking permission, so be forwarned if you leave valuables, although nothing was missing when we came back. Besides all this, our trip was fun, Galveston is a great place, loved all the old houses, the beach, and great places to eat, and loved the ferry ride!

Reviewed July 26, 2003

Well first of all, my first mistake was when I drove up in the parking lot I started getting hit up by bums for money. I paid for the room and went on to the room because I had to use the restroom. I looked in the toilet and there was a BIGGG TERD floating around and smeared on the seat.I could'nt flush it because the toilet was stoped up. I went to the office to try to get my money back and she wouldn't give my refund. She gave me a plunger and said take care of it. I went back to the room to find my 2 yr old son playing with a bag of weed he found under the bed. I would Not recomend this hotel to NOBODY trust me!!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Galveston Beach
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
Gaido's Seaside Inn
Gaido's Seaside Inn
#25 of 52 in Galveston Island

Been to Mariner Inn? Share your experiences!