Mariner Inn
$187
$176
  • Pool
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
Scottish Inn(Galveston)
$87
$140
  • Beachfront
$135
$161
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$120
$104
Hilton.com
$183
$179
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was a Thursday- Sunday, cheap as we could get get-away to the beach....We went to this PLACE I can't even call it a hotel or motel MY HOUSE IS CLEANER!! Anyway...We walked into our room after paying I must admit a cheap fee..BUT...they charged us and EXTRA $20.00 a night for our Little Rat Terrier who was in a cage..and that HAD TO BE IN CASH and when we asked for a receipt for it he WROTE IT on our room receipt..Ok well Hey they making some money on the side still pretty cheap..paid it and went to our room...When we walked into our room after 5 min of fighting with an actual real key to get it open I was hit in the face with the smell of MOLD!!! It LOOKED clean...The bathroom fixtures (toilet paper towel racks) were all BROKEN.....Well maybe they are doing some renovating ( I try to give the benefit of the doubt when I can) We said OK we can handle a few broken things lets hit the beach.....So we went for a few hours we got back and changed and I thought the towels felt grungy....My Fiancee pulled the blanket back that we were earlier sitting on and there was BLOOD on the BOTTOM SHEET THAT MATCHED THE BLOOD ON THE TOP SHEET THAT MATCHED THE BLOOD ON THE COMFORTER!!! I said ohhh noooooo.....Being a CNA I very carefully took the linens off the bed and went to the office, it was locked and i got her to give us new sheets after my poor hubby making 3 trips we finally got a flitted sheet that fit we ended up with just a small blanket, because they did not have any more bedspreads.....We changed it We went to sleep...I woke up coughing because I have C.O.P.D. and the musty smell was bugging me....Did A breathing treatment and hubby and I weighed our options...We went to go tell them we were leaving and then we saw the sign that said NO REFUNDS AFTER 10 MIN OF CHECK IN!!!! OK back to the room....We decided well we are stuck...So we stayed OUT of the room as much as possible....and we made it through the weekend with the bathroom light and one tiny light by the bed the other one didnt work...The wifi I had to keep calling the front desk for them to reset it because i was trying to upload stuff and had to keep starting from the beginning......Other than all that and then fighting to even try and park our Big Buick Road master where someone wouldn't hit it and keep it in our view for fear of it getting broken into it was GREAT!!! NOT!!! I will NEVER and would NEVER tell a friend to stay here...cheap during the week but my health is not worth it...We found the mold by the way it was covering the back of the big long dresser they had in the room!!

Room Tip: "Dont get a room here at all"
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank prettyone1432
Reviewed March 23, 2012

You name it, and it didnt work. WiFi, refrigator, lights, broken towel bars, mold in bathroom, poor ice maker, filthy pool. If you stay more than one night they do not clean the room. If you want clean linen you have to go to the office and exchange it. Asked for a light bulb and was told there were none.
I think all motels charge very high rates for Friday and Saturday. Thrusday may be $40, but the next 2 days are double and triple because they know people come early to catch a boat.

Room Tip: stay away from here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rick c
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I just wanted to stay on beach front with our spending a fortune just 1 night rooms are ok good cable tv shower gets hot ish but view is amazing in the morning so over all not bad for 40 $

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MegaGun
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It looks very clean from the outside, but don't let that fool you! The inside is bare bones, but that's all we needed - a bed for one night's sleep. However, once the lights went out the walls started to crawl! We killed about a dozen bugs coming out of the floor and up the walls in about two minute's time! More were coming as we packed our bag to leave. The owner is an absentee landlord and operates her business by computer. The clerk has no authority. We called the police to help us reach the owner. She would not refund our $60 even though we did not stay more than a few hours. It was the first time we ever saw a motel receipt with the notation that no refunds will be issued after ten minutes. That should have been a red flag, but when you are tired, you don't always read the fine print.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Waves2Ocean
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife, grandson, and I just returned from a weekend trip to Galveston Island. We wanted to stay on the beach, but it was an impromptu trip. Without reservations, and having searched to find nothing but expensive rooms all along the seawall, we drove into a few hotels to check prices. The $179 was enticing, as was the location directly across from the Gulf coast. But immediately after checking in, we had serious regrets. Parking was horrific, the locks on the door questionable, the location of our room near the corner back felt unsafe, and their ad of free internet was bogus. The shower had hot water, but "felt" dirty. The beds were okay enough, but if you are used to nice beds -- these weren't those. Avoid this one. You can find a nice hotel for just dollars more, AND get a free continental breakfast. The pool closed at 9:45 p.m. and didn't open until 10 a.m. With an 11:00 check-out time (the front desk rudely called at 10:55 to be sure we were leaving), you don't even get a full 24 hours for your $211 (price with tax). It gets worse. They also require a $5 cash advance for your room key. You get that back, but at the price of the room -- that, too, was an insult on top of feeling taken advantage of. NOT a place you want to stay, even for one night. The room next door's occupants had left their dog closed up in their bathroom during their time at the beach. Forget an afternoon nap! Yap, Yap, Yap.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family