“Floater in the Toilet”
Review of Mariner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Mariner Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Galveston B&B and Inns
“Floater in the Toilet”
Reviewed July 26, 2003

Well first of all, my first mistake was when I drove up in the parking lot I started getting hit up by bums for money. I paid for the room and went on to the room because I had to use the restroom. I looked in the toilet and there was a BIGGG TERD floating around and smeared on the seat.I could'nt flush it because the toilet was stoped up. I went to the office to try to get my money back and she wouldn't give my refund. She gave me a plunger and said take care of it. I went back to the room to find my 2 yr old son playing with a bag of weed he found under the bed. I would Not recomend this hotel to NOBODY trust me!!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed July 13, 2003

I've just arrived from my trip to Galveston and my stay at the Mariner Inn. After reading some of the other reviews I wanted to share my thoughts. Please do not expect the Mariner Inn to be something it is not. I think that is why some people have been dissappointed. It is not a 5-star, luxurious, tropical retreat nor has it ever been advertised that way. For those of us who would rather spend our money on having fun it is a wonderful place to drop your bags and head to the beach, which is right across the street. In fact, the beach in front of the Mariner Inn looks just as nice as the beach in front of the higher priced hotels. The Mariner Inn is a decent motel, with decent rooms at an unbelievable price to be located on Seawall Drive. Friendly staff and friendly guests made this one of my best trips to Galveston. I will certainly stay at the Mariner Inn on my next trip.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2003

We take our vacation in June every year. We went on line to see about a place to stay. A guy friend stayed at the Mariner and told us that it was on the seawall and we called them and they told us that the hotel was being renovated and that we would get in one of the new rooms. Well that did not happen. the night that we got there the room that they put us in was horrible. the room felt damp and had a musty smell in there. It was very dusty and dirty. The bedding felt damp and dirty. we called the front desk and they said that we could move a few doors down. we went to look at the room and it was just as bad. the lady at the front desk said that the next day some people were leaving and we could have that room because it was one that was redone. so we had to stay there in that nasty room and the next day we moved to a room that was redone but it stunk so bad that we were sick when we left the next day. The owner of the Mariner said that he would not adjust the bill. we moved out and went to find another hotel to finish our vacation. We would not recommend The Mariner Inn to anyone!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2003

I stayed at the motel and i found it to be better than most of these run down motels in Galveston. It is no where near as bad as that one guest states. The rooms were maintained well. The front desk was friendly as can be. The pool was a nice change to see. As for rooms, it is definitely worth the price. I would recommend this motel over many of the lower budget motels in Glaveston.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2003

The room hadn't been vacuumed for months. The sheets were not only nasty looking, they had rips in them. Light bulbs weren't working (front desk said I could come get one and replace it!). TV wasn't working. Phone line was horrible. Ran shower for 5 minutes to get hot water. Very outdated. AC cover hanging off. White plastic beach chairs. The door didn't lock well -- pulled a table over to the door to feel safer. Checked out the next day. Parking lot was barely maneuverable -- thin lot, too many cars and not enough room to back out of spaces. Basically, a room for a college age group to drop off luggage, hit the beach and return to pick up luggage a few days later.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2002

My wife and I stayed at the Mariner Inn June 25, 2002. We found the hotel through searching on the internet and we were even able to see pictures of what the rooms looked like when we visited the Visitors Center on the Seawall. First, I would like to say that the room that we stayed in did not look like the pictures. I believe that the pictures that we saw were outdated. The room we stayed in was terrible. The first sign I had that I did not make a good decision was when we entered our room. Once the door opened a stench caught us by surprise. The rug was soiled, the furniture was outdated and/or plastic yard furniture and the bathroom was a disgrace. The shower was old and mildewy. We decided to keep our sandals on when we showered for fear of catching some unknown disease. In addition, the entire bathroom floor flooded when the shower was used. My wife and I agree that this was the worst room that we ever stayed in that was paid for.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member