“Great location on the beach”

Seascape Condominium Rentals
Austin, TX
“Great location on the beach”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in Unit 1305 last weekend and had a great time. We loved the view of the beach, but now that we've been there once, next time we might choose a room without a view of the RV park. It was very quiet and our kids loved it as well. LOVE the easy access to the beach. We drove up Seawall to check out Stewart beach and there is no way we'd want to be at a beach where you are on top of other people. The beach at Seascape seems almost private compared to that. The pool is very nice, but I wish it stayed open past 11:45. Easy check-in/out process too. Our condo was well-stocked with kitchen stuff. We brought our own paper towel, toilet paper, dishwasher soap, laundry soap, but all we ended up using was the paper towel.

Our only complaints are very minor. The photos do make the unit look larger than it is. It was difficult to find a place to set up our playpen for the baby to sleep. Also, the light outside the door cannot be turned off. It seemed almost like day time in the bedroom with no blackout curtains, so I ended up using some of the extra linens in the closed to block out some of the light. Lastly, we truly thought there would be a washer and dryer in the unit from the description online. I guess there was a common set somewhere on the property, but we didn't find it. We didn't look very hard though, as we were much too busy out doing stuff around town. That's the thing, if there had been laundry at the unit, we could have run it while we were asleep and had clean beach towels for the next day.

Overall we were VERY happy with our stay in Unit 1305 at Seascape. We would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for an "upgraded" room so you will have Wi-Fi and cable TV. Try to get a gulf-view r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsRosie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family stayed in unit 1305 for 4 nights. It was amazing! The condo was clean and had a very nice kitchen set-up. We had an ocean view and I loved sitting on the balcony for breakfast every morning! We had plenty of room especially since we spent most of the time outside enjoying the beach! Seascapes has many positives- direct beach access, pool, hot tub, grilling and picnic area. I would recommend any unit that the owner of this unit owns! He was very helpful to me in assisting me with booking the condo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Catsmeow S
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family has stayed at Seascape Galveston many times. We like the fact that is directly on the beach. This trip was a bit of a disappointment. I had checked reviews online and read a review of 1204 that stated that the sofa sleeper was broken in the main room and the wireless didn't work. I called the office at ABSea Rentals and told them I wanted to confirm that these things had been resolved. I spoke with a terse man who told me that they tell their condo owners to fix things so it was fixed. I asked if he could confirm with the owner and he said no. I took his word for it (because everything else was booked). When we arrived both of the broken things were still broken. I called the office and was told they weren't sure how to get the wireless working and they'd tell the owner about the sofa. End of conversation. Luckily, I'm fairly technical and was able to get the wireless working by swapping out cords and messing with it for about 30 minutes. The sofa sleeper couldn't be slept on. Glad we brought air mattresses. Morale of the story, pick a different condo. Room 1214 sounds nice. Look at the reviews and do your homework.

Room Tip: do your homework, read the reviews, don't rent 1204.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ElleElleDub
Reviewed July 12, 2013

1214 was very nice, modern equipped with a nice view. Pool area was always clean too. Just a few steps to the beach made it nice and convenient no need to drive to the beach. The seaweed was heavy but its that time of year, we had no trouble playing in the sand making sand castles! Wash area to rinse off after time on the beach too.7/5-7/12/2013

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Bernard2013
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed in Unit 2321 which was clean and was equipped with everything we needed for our stay. The owner was quick to respond to our inquiries.

The balcony had a nice view of the ocean. We liked that Seascape was right on the beach. We also appreciated the covered parking and elevators to the 3rd floor unit. The pool was beautiful and the spa hot and bubbly. The ocean was just a short walk away and upon our return there were convenient faucets to rinse off the sand. The security codes to access the beach and pool were easy to use. The front desk staff were friendly and answered our easily answered any of our questions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank LauraMOAustin_TX
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

First off, we got into our room and it smelled like a mixture of urine and smoke. I called the front office and he sent a lady with a can of air freshener.... not a good start. The bed was hard as a rock and in the middle of the night the already non-working ice maker started making a very annoying clicking sound. So that did not make for a pleasant stay. Also the area between the wall and bunk bed was filthy. It has all sorts of dust/sand/and hair - Gross! And when they say that they supply no toiletries...they mean it. Not even any hand soap for the bathroom. I will not stay at this place again. My recommendation is stay elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shelby D

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Reviewed May 9, 2013

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and buy one of the nicer hotels on Seawall....you will spend less money and have such a nicer vacation...plus clean towels & breakfast & maid service.

The rooms and grounds were clean enough. The room did have a odd smell like maybe mold....I think they must have been damaged during the hurricane. On line it showed that our room would be about $140 a night but once we arrived they started adding in fee after fee after fee and we ended up having to pay close to $100 extra per night. Then we accidently locked our selves out carrying in our luggage and they had no spare keys so WE had to call a locksmith which was another $70 because they said they had no master key. Locksmith said that happens all the time...so maybe the owner and locksmith have a side business going. They would not supply fresh towels without an additional $10 per day fee. No coffee or filters in room and not supplied. No breakfast.

My family stays in Galveston about once a year and this is the worst stay yet and I feel like we were hugely scammed. We could have had such a nice room on Seawall for the same amount that we finally had to spend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family