“Would stay here again”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Great pool with swim-up bar and waterfall is great! The kids loved the pool! Kids tent at the pool (no extra charge) allowed our 8 year olds to get out of the sun and play Wii.
We loved the grilled chicken sandwich at the pool-side grill.
Very nice hotel staff.
Front desk was understaffed.
Exercise room too small a space.
The pool was so nice that no one wanted to walk over to the beach- especially with all the seaweed that was visible.
One thing that really bothered me is that Wi Fi costs $10.00 per night per device. For the charges to stay at this hotel, and this high level of a hotel, Wi Fi should be included as an amenity.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I appreciate your comments. I will address your review with staff. Thank you for staying and hope that your stays are a better experiences in the future. Happy Holidys.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Polish first
penna
Reviewed July 24, 2014

As a diamond member we used points for our stay.. Hotel was nice as we were upgraded to ocean front rooms (3) Service was spotty. Waited quite a while for our room. We not informed that the hotel has diamond lounge until the next morning. It was quite nice and we could have used while waiting for our rooms. The service and parking for cruise at the hotel was excellent and would recommend to anyone going on a cruise.

Room Tip: Asked for a tower room which have windows directly to the ocean however rooms in the main hotel have...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

From the moment of arrival. The beach the hotel, the service has been second to none. The rooms are clean clean.the Resturant food is superb! Relaxing and peaceful! Everything one needs is taken care of. And we had a wonderful room with a view of the beach right across the street.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Athens, Alabama
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this week for business/pleasure. The hotel itself was lacking in amenities (no on-site spa or restaurant) as well as upkeep (while clean, the hotel was out-dated with older, stained carpets and wallpaper. The rooms were okay and the bed was decent. The air conditioner worked great but the cover fell off in the middle of the night. Thankfully it was easy to fix.)
The staff were amazing. From valet to housekeeping, everyone was nice and accommodating. The housekeeping brought us extra towels and a comforter with no fuss. The valets remembered our names, asked us where we were going and how we liked it when we got back. They also had great recs about food and fun.

Oklahoma
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The location of the hotel was very good and located just across the street from the beach. The room was clean but could use some updates. The room I was in was also next to the back door which was very, very noisy all night long. The hotel lobby, restaurant and bar area was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

First off let me say I stay in alot of hotels because of my job, this is my first time ever to stay at a Hilton and probably my last. Maybe it was the name that for some reason led me to expect more, but I have to say I was not impressed. First I will do the pros.. I have to say wonderful staff, from the young men working the valet to the ladies behind the front desk, the maids and all the other employees always with a smile and a friendly hello, the entrance to the hotel is nice with bar and small buffet area as you walk to the elevators, the pool is awesome with a swim up bar and plenty of chairs and room for everyone to enjoy(this was my favorite part). The beach is right across the street and a couple of restaurants are within walking distance. The room had a balcony which was ok.
Now the cons... The room you know the main part that your paying for, the part you think must be as great as the area you just walked through, well nope. The door was hard to open thought for a minute the key didn't work but after putting some shoulder into it we finally got it open, the room itself was ok, the bathroom was extremely small and the tub was stained, the air conditioning sucked at best could not get a comfortable temperature either your hot or your cold, take your pick, the bed you rolled to the middle, and there was neither a small fridge or microwave even the lower end hotels I usually stay in for work have these as standard in every room. But the real ticker for me was no free wifi, really? You want me to pay for this after the cost of the room come on now even McDonald's gives free wifi. It was a smoking room and not 1 ashtray was in the room and that took a little over 2 hrs to get. The beer by the pool was hot and 12 bucks for 2 beers a Lil steep and my last thing, seems like all the responses you see from the management on these reviews are almost computer generated. So as I said lower your expectations and you'll be fine, I'll stick to my Hampton Inn and Comfort or Quality inns and so on, atleast I know what I can expect.

1 Thank Teresa L
Allen, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm in the area quite a bit for work and always try to stay here. It's like my home away from home...the staff is always great, rooms are clean and the location is perfect. If you get a chance to go the new Executive Lounge, make sure you say hi to Peggy, she'll greet you with a smile and treat you like a VIP.
- Bobby

Room Tip: Always prefer the rooms with beach-facing balconies
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business