“Hilton delivers ... again.”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We never stay anywhere but Hilton hotels. Never disappoints and sometimes surprises. We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. I felt like a queen! As always, the room was immaculate and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Love my Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I appreciate so much your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback means a lot to the staff when passed on to them. This goes withut saying for travelers who are coming to Galveston as well looking for a nice place to stay.

Mike Pistone

Write a ReviewReviews (2,436)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this Hilton for one night before getting onboard a cruise ship. We chose it because of the Hilton brand, and the cruise parking and shuttle that was offered. The service was amazing - the servers from the restaurant sent someone out to the store to get soy milk at breakfast for my food-allergic son. The manager in the valet area called the Holiday Inn to get us on an early shuttle to the port because the Hilton's earliest shuttle was already full. Our disappointment was in the room - it just didn't seem up to the usual "Hilton" standards we are accustomed to. The bathroom could have been cleaner, and the room seemed pretty average.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Staff and I will review your comments and work to improve our operation. i appreciate your candid remarks and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Outstanding hotel; service, cleanliness, ammenities. Pool was heated so the grandchildren were able to swim and breakfast was free for the grandchildren. A variety of items were offered for breakfast. Very enjoyable stay.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed in Galveston for a quick getaway. Room was muggy and warm. Smelled musty. Nice staff but horrible nights rest...May have slept 5 hours, room was so uncomfortable. Nice location right off of the seawall but not worth the pricey price tag.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela D
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We recently stayed there one night and everyone was so friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and clean. We booked the cheapest king sized room and to our delight it overlooked the bay. Great view from the room. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but went to IHOP which is in walking distance and has great food and friendly staff. Overall a great experience and I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the bay. I noticed most of the balcony rooms overlooked parking lots
1  Thank SueC810
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Experience was outstanding, I arrived on Nov. 23rd and stayed 2 days.. The staff took care of my husband and myself is such a great way, The room was clean, the service was great, the food was great, I wish I had everyones name that took great care of us, but Chris B. bellcaptian,. the fantastic breakfast server in the restaurant she was so special, the front desk staff, and the houskeeping staff. Keep in mind I arrived without a reservation at 11pm. i had a reservation to stay at the Hotel Galvez for my husband birthday. When we arrived there they would not allow us to bring our cooler in, even when I had prepaid, and the knew we were going to Bastrop after the stay with them. So we decided to go to the Hilton instead. Wise decision, becaus the room was bigger, the service was alot better, and the price was lower. So when we go back to Galveston, we will only stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Sea side is wonderfull, especially 9th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie M
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.
Have a great day!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

From the minute I pull into their parking lot to pulling out at the end of my stay. It was wonderful the Door man greet me and my wife, The front desk personnel was awesome (Ms. AMANDA) thank you for making me and my wife feel like we were at home and not an hotel. The others young lady and guy was just as friendly. The Bar area and the restaurant, everyone associated with the hotel was AWESOME. But please tell Amanda and the two young ladies that ran the restaurant thank you, I was there for an conference and my wife came with me. They took care of us. We will be back. I did not meet the manager, but please tell him/her the staff thanks again. You all are the best. No You Are Not A 4 star. You're 10 STAR and its because of your people. Thank You again. James & Cynthia Whitfield

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James L W
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Have a great day!