“Best pool and view of ocean!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best pool and view of ocean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have stayed here on a few different occassions. The pool has a swim up bar and a rock waterfall. The water is always perfectly clear and clean. There is also a hot tub and sauna. The beds are 5 star and the room is super fresh and clean. We stay in the separate tower which has a huge window to see the ocean and pool. Our last visit was a little rough as they were painting on the bottom floor which caused us to have to walk outside around the hotel to get to the front desk or lobby area. There is a fitness area which we couldn't use either but they allowed us to visit their sister property 2 doors down to use their facility. We made a complaint and were offered a different view but that didn't have the amazing view so we stuck it out. My husband was contacted by Hilton about his twitter comment and picture but no effort was made for a discount of the room. We stayed 5 nights. For the price of luxury hotels its always a give/take that you don't have free internet in the room or a free breakfast. You could take your laptop to the lobby or pool and have internet there. It's a great place overrall and we will still stay there again. Just make sure you ask about any work on the building!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miranda_kay83
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your stay with us on Trip Advisor. This input helps us as an operation and gives new guests an idea of what to expect. Have a wonderful day.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Polish first
Royse City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an amazing hotel ! Everyone is so helpful, the hotel is very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! You may pay a little more than most hotels, but it is well worth it ! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your favorable comments to Trip Advisor. Please consider us for your future stay when in the area. Have a wonderful day!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I came for a wedding and stayed here. The beach was across the road. Down the street was a fair like attraction which was very pleasant and it had rides for my kids. The rooms were clean and the staff was polite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
I appreciate the kind words on your posting to Trip Advisor. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.
Have a great day,
Clackamas, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night while traveling along the Gulf of Mexico.

Our room was bright & cheery, even though it was not decorated with the current trend in hotel rooms. We had a view of the Gulf, which really means we looked at the parking lot, pool, busy street & then the Gulf.

After a day of driving, we went to the pool. The pool was super COLD, so cold I did not go in. With the hotel being a "resort" - - why was the pool not heated??!!

Enjoyed a walk along the beach & seawall.

Next door to a few restaurants including the Rainforest Café.

Overall, we thought Galveston looked interesting. The drive to the south has some very pretty housing areas. Looks like a fun summer area - -

Room Tip: We had a view of the Gulf, which really means we looked at the parking lot, pool, busy street &...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We will review your feedback and take your input for consideration. Have a nice day.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The pool, lobby, and restaurants are mediocre to okay at best (which is what I expect from Hilton) But it seems that all we had were problems from the very beginning. The AC did not work and it took over a day to get fixed... Which if u have ever been to south texas, you know that AC is a must! God forbid they just move us to another room. The floors made our feet BLACK within an hour of being there. I got in the shower to get ready for dinner and the bottom of the tub was covered with black dirt from my feet (and we had Just gotten there!). We reported this to management and nothing was done about it. Also the manager was extremely rude and short with us as if the AC and dirty floors were our fault. When I asked to be let into my friends room (we had multiple rooms) because I had left my purse in there(with the key to that room in it), he refused to make me another copy of the key and took me up to the room and stood in the door until I found my purse. I was appalled by this treatment. I have stayed at Hilton's all over the country and I have never been so disappointed by a hotel, ever. I will continue to stay at other Hilton's but never again will I stay at this one. I recommend the San Lois resort which is right next door. It's a little more expensive and totally worth it.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments posted to Trip Advisor. I must say and assure you that this feedback is not the normal at this property or will it be tolerated. I will address these issues with staff immediately and I want to wish you a nice day.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is directly across the (busy) street that abuts Galveston beach. I stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are very clean. Bathrooms are nice, could use some updating but clean, towels are good and products are very good. Overall the room is very nice, get a higher floor so you get a good view of the ocean, or opt for a room with a balcony which also looked nice. Since it was very cloudy when I was there, I was wishing I had gotten the balcony so I could sit outside without having to go to the pool. The pool is really nice, had my weather been better I would have been in it more. It has a nice swim-up bar. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is typical but there is lots of it and it's not expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janetb444
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay with teGalveston Hilton property.I will make sure to share your review with staff. Consider us for your future stays.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is our second time to stay here before we leave on a cruise. Huge advantage: you can park your car for free for the week. It was even more advantageous to us because we were able to book it for free this time using Hilton Honors points.

The hotel has been packed both times we stayed here. Yet the staff seems prepared for that and the front desk keeps things moving and questions anwered.

The hotel is located right on the ocean. It is a beautiful walk along the boardwalk. There are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as at the hotel. Keep in mind that there are restaurants in neighboring hotels too. There is a Walmart only about 2 blocks south of the hotel where we picked up a couple things we had forgotten for our cruise.

The rooms are nice and clean but it is obvious there is a lot of traffic through them from beach goers. Breakfast is great but not excellent. If you are a HHonors gold member, you are eligible for the continental breakfast (cold breakfast) but not the hot breakfast option.

Here is how the cruise parking works: You sign up with the Concierge/Valets the night you arrive for a time slot. You arrive a bit earlier than your time the next morning, having checked out of your room with luggage in hand. Your luggage is put on the shuttle bus and drivers of cars follow in a caravan to a separate lot behind a neighboring hotel. You then lock your car and get on the shuttle to be brought over to the cruise terminal. Also you can use the free shuttle if you flew in and have no car to park. We have used this twice and had no problems.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate taking the time to post to Trip Advisor on your stay with us. Please consider us in the future.