“THE MOST COURTEOUS STAFF”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an amazing hotel ! Everyone is so helpful, the hotel is very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! You may pay a little more than most hotels, but it is well worth it ! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your favorable comments to Trip Advisor. Please consider us for your future stay when in the area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I came for a wedding and stayed here. The beach was across the road. Down the street was a fair like attraction which was very pleasant and it had rides for my kids. The rooms were clean and the staff was polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I appreciate the kind words on your posting to Trip Advisor. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.
Have a great day,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night while traveling along the Gulf of Mexico.

Our room was bright & cheery, even though it was not decorated with the current trend in hotel rooms. We had a view of the Gulf, which really means we looked at the parking lot, pool, busy street & then the Gulf.

After a day of driving, we went to the pool. The pool was super COLD, so cold I did not go in. With the hotel being a "resort" - - why was the pool not heated??!!

Enjoyed a walk along the beach & seawall.

Next door to a few restaurants including the Rainforest Café.

Overall, we thought Galveston looked interesting. The drive to the south has some very pretty housing areas. Looks like a fun summer area - -

Room Tip: We had a view of the Gulf, which really means we looked at the parking lot, pool, busy street &...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We will review your feedback and take your input for consideration. Have a nice day.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The pool, lobby, and restaurants are mediocre to okay at best (which is what I expect from Hilton) But it seems that all we had were problems from the very beginning. The AC did not work and it took over a day to get fixed... Which if u have ever been to south texas, you know that AC is a must! God forbid they just move us to another room. The floors made our feet BLACK within an hour of being there. I got in the shower to get ready for dinner and the bottom of the tub was covered with black dirt from my feet (and we had Just gotten there!). We reported this to management and nothing was done about it. Also the manager was extremely rude and short with us as if the AC and dirty floors were our fault. When I asked to be let into my friends room (we had multiple rooms) because I had left my purse in there(with the key to that room in it), he refused to make me another copy of the key and took me up to the room and stood in the door until I found my purse. I was appalled by this treatment. I have stayed at Hilton's all over the country and I have never been so disappointed by a hotel, ever. I will continue to stay at other Hilton's but never again will I stay at this one. I recommend the San Lois resort which is right next door. It's a little more expensive and totally worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments posted to Trip Advisor. I must say and assure you that this feedback is not the normal at this property or will it be tolerated. I will address these issues with staff immediately and I want to wish you a nice day.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is directly across the (busy) street that abuts Galveston beach. I stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are very clean. Bathrooms are nice, could use some updating but clean, towels are good and products are very good. Overall the room is very nice, get a higher floor so you get a good view of the ocean, or opt for a room with a balcony which also looked nice. Since it was very cloudy when I was there, I was wishing I had gotten the balcony so I could sit outside without having to go to the pool. The pool is really nice, had my weather been better I would have been in it more. It has a nice swim-up bar. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is typical but there is lots of it and it's not expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janetb444
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your stay with teGalveston Hilton property.I will make sure to share your review with staff. Consider us for your future stays.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is our second time to stay here before we leave on a cruise. Huge advantage: you can park your car for free for the week. It was even more advantageous to us because we were able to book it for free this time using Hilton Honors points.

The hotel has been packed both times we stayed here. Yet the staff seems prepared for that and the front desk keeps things moving and questions anwered.

The hotel is located right on the ocean. It is a beautiful walk along the boardwalk. There are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as at the hotel. Keep in mind that there are restaurants in neighboring hotels too. There is a Walmart only about 2 blocks south of the hotel where we picked up a couple things we had forgotten for our cruise.

The rooms are nice and clean but it is obvious there is a lot of traffic through them from beach goers. Breakfast is great but not excellent. If you are a HHonors gold member, you are eligible for the continental breakfast (cold breakfast) but not the hot breakfast option.

Here is how the cruise parking works: You sign up with the Concierge/Valets the night you arrive for a time slot. You arrive a bit earlier than your time the next morning, having checked out of your room with luggage in hand. Your luggage is put on the shuttle bus and drivers of cars follow in a caravan to a separate lot behind a neighboring hotel. You then lock your car and get on the shuttle to be brought over to the cruise terminal. Also you can use the free shuttle if you flew in and have no car to park. We have used this twice and had no problems.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate taking the time to post to Trip Advisor on your stay with us. Please consider us in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to our cruise in early April. (The San Luis Resort was booked!) The hotel is showing some wear, but overall it's a great property.

We booked an Oceanview room & asked when we arrived if we could be upgraded to a balcony, (we love to hear the crashing waves). The hotel was sold out both nights we were there, so I didn't expect the upgrade.... but if you don't ask..... so, we asked, they said no balcony's were available.

We got a wonderfully quiet room on the 7th floor in the tower. The elevator is a really long way from the front desk.... so keep that in mind if you can't or don't like to walk very far.... we didn't mind & our room was wonderful. The bed was comfy & our view was of the pool & the ocean. So....after dinner we go back to our room & we look over to the part of the building that houses the balcony rooms...... 4 floors of balconys..... all but one of them were completely dark! Either ALL the guests in those rooms went to bed early or they were out partying on the town.... I thought it odd & wondered just why I didn't get an upgrade, cuz I think those rooms were unoccupied!

We loved our stay.... all the staff were wonderful. We loved the pool, the restaurant & the bar... we valet parked our car & they guys were great!

Will I stay here again? Sure. Our favorite hotel in Galveston is the San Luis Resort... (all rooms have balcony's)...both hotels are owned by the same person... so they are similar in many ways... plus you can use the facilities at the San Luis if you are staying at the Hilton or the Holiday Inn Resort as well.

Note on parking... if you have a room in the tower building, the elevator is at the back of the resort, so is the parking area... you really don't need to Valet park... there is a door right by the elevator in the tower to the parking area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for our kind words to Trip Advisor. I will share your response with staff. Please consider the Hilton on future stys to the area.