“Friendly and accommodating staff!”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Vancouver, Washington
“Friendly and accommodating staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stay at Hiltons all over the country often. I must say, the staff at this Hilton are amazing. The valet here were extremely accommodating, the service in the restaurant was fantastic, and the bartenders in the lounge and the pool were friendly and fun. Our room with a balcony and view of the ocean and pool was wonderful. I can recommend this Hilton for your stay in Galveston. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest the balcony rooms with ocean and pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim504
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thanks for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. Our staff really try hard each and every day to give great service to all of our guests. I hope to see you back at the Hilton Galveston to experience another great experience!
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a great time at the hotel with our family of 4. The pool with the swim up bar was amazing and our room had a wonderful view of the ocean. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good at the hotel and very reasonably priced. A couple of tips: book your restaurants reservations early as they good restaurants fill up quickly and the hotel does not serve dinner. You do need to walk across a 4 lane road to the beach but it is that way with all of the hotels along this strand area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank debra321
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I'll pass your comments on to staff and please consider the Hilton Galveston when in the area.
Thanks again,
WALLISVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The wafe and I had a wonderful time. We had a few days off together and wanted to relax. We have been married for 12 years now and just needed to get away. All I can say is everything was great. All of the Hilton staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was the best I have ever seen in a hotel. My thanks to housekeeping for doing such a fine job. I look forward to many more stays at this resort.

Room Tip: You just have to stay their. Everything was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FRANK M
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good Morning,
Thanks you so much for your comments on our Galveston Hilton. As a valued customer we appreciate your review posting to Trip Advisor. I hope to see you when traveling to Galveston in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was my first Galveston trip and this place made it great. All around A+. Great and friendly staff. Rooms and location were great as well. It had a nice view and was close to some stores for whatever necessities needed. Beach was inmediately across the street. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank HuckJr
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I will pass your comments on to staff. Please consider us for future stays.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This "hotel" is bad. There is no way this hotel should be included under the Hilton name. My room was dirty. There were clothes in the closet left by previous guests. Did I mention the room was dirty. The entire hotel is worn out, dirty, nasty and smells. The place needs to learn what clean actually means.

The pool area felt like a bacteria breeding ground. The front desk was never staffed properly. The whole time you are checking in, the front desk staff was answering the phone. The check-in process was terrible. There were no towels in the fitness center.....that`s just a basic thing.

The food was average, but too expensive. Do not eat at the hotel, go off property.
I was very disappointed in my three night stay. Never will I stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank on_the_road_guy_tex
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. It is through guest comments such as yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the level of guest service. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Please rest assured that I have spoken with the appropriate department managers, concerning the issues you experienced while at our resort and all actions will be taken to rectify these problem areas.

I would like to thank you again for your comments. I hope you will give the Hilton Galveston Island Resort another chance in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were there for my wife's birthday. We stayed in the executive suite and it was great. The staff put a birthday surprise celebration tray in the room with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. The food at the Palm Restaurant was delicious. Pool was warm; it had a bar; service was prompt & friendly. The manager on duty Nina Huber was the best. Ask for her. What a great experience! BTW,we stopped there on our move from Los Angeles to Maryland. Thanks, Nina & Galveston s Hilton!

• Stayed September 2012
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for posting and your review of your experience here at the Galveston Hilton. We appreciate you taking the time and your comments will be shared with our staff. Please consider staying with us when in this area in the future.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I live in Houston and had to come to Galveston a few days for work. I've never been to this property before and was amazed by the service of the staff and how accomadating everyone was. I stayed in the "tower" building, a newer part of the hotel I was told. It was great. I had an amazing view of the gulf and the beds were incredibly comfortable. They have a full service restaraunt that serves a great breakfast buffet, I also enjoyed dinner later that night as well. I recommend the gumbo!!! The pool was very nice. I was able to relax and have a much needed adult beverage at the POOL BAR. Bartenders were very professional and easy to talk to. I can't wait to bring my family down to this property. I forgot to mention they are on a resort. Rainforest Cafe, Landry's, and IHOP are on property. My kids will love the Rainforest Cafe which also has a ride INSIDE the restaraunt!! I recommend this hotel to anyone thats looking for a great location, amazing staff, and an incredible stay! Thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: Higher floor in the tower building- great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Amber C
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. You like so many others who take time to give their feedback has important impact on future guest's decisions. I will share your comments with our associates and hope to see you again when visiting Galveston.