“Terrific service!”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were wowed by the speedy service and abundance of helpful personnel. Our family had three rooms with a Gulf view on the 9th floor. Rooms were fresh and bright. Only downside to this wonderful hotel was that some of us got cold eggs when we pre-ordered breakfast. But we will definitely stay here again. Watch their rates on the Internet. They fluctuate.

Room Tip: We got rooms with a view but without balcony on the 9th floor. Had a great view. Watch their rates o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We appreciate your posting of your experience at the Hilton Galveston. Ypu comments will be shared with our associates which helps motivate goo service at our property. i hope to see you soon in Galveston and have a great day.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed just one Sunday night. Arrived around 1:30 and room was already available. I had booked a king w balcony, but when we went to the room, the view from the 3rd floor balcony was mostly a parking lot. So I went down to the front desk and asked if we could change to just an inside king room. The clerk was very nice and helpful. She moved us to room 633 in the "Tower". The tower looks like a newer wing.
We had a very nice big room with a great window view on the pool and Gulf. Comfortable bed. Plenty of towels, etc.The room was quiet. And best of all, the air conditioner was awesome. I like my room cool to sleep!
Headed down to sit by the pool and have a drink. Bartenders made good rum drinks and prices were what you expect, $8 for mixed and $4 for beer. The towel attendents were there quick to offer towels and pick up empty glasses.
We did valet parking for $10 and the guys were great. But I shoulda just parked in back as there was plenty of space.
We did this as a quick get away and the Hilton was perfect. I would recommend it and I will stay here again. Now if only they could get real about Friday- Saturday rates!

Room Tip: Dont eat at Bubba Gump Seafood Co. till they get the waitstaff and managers trained better. Our trip...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your feedback is so valuable to our managers in improving service so future guests will have an even better experience. I again appreciate your comments and have a great day!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The name is very deceiving.... This is not a resort, just an older hotel!! The staff was very attentitive but the rooms were drab and in need of updating. The balconies were very small and not worth the upgrade.
We have a choice between the Hilton and the Galveston ... should have picked the Galveston.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. It is through guest comments such as yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the level of guest service. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

I would like to thank you again for your comments. I hope you will give the Hilton Galveston Island Resort another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

So have stayed at a few Hilton's over the years, none really impressed me, not till this one anyway.
Just an In and out work stay, but wish was longer.
Right on the gulf, balconies outside rooms - gulf air blowing in.
Pool has a swim up bar reminiscent of more tropical Resorts.
Rooms were nice - had robes in the closet. Nice soft towels, comfortable beds.
Breakfast was good - reasonably priced not stupid $24 like Orlando.
Also - free parking. - and they are right on the gulf, not $14 a night like other Hilton's.
Staff extremely friendly. Gave us space at breakfast to spread out and meet - and even printed boarding passes for us. Great place- fantastic staff, only wish I could have stayed longer!

Free parking,

• Stayed: June 2012
Suzanne S, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come for a return visit when time allows you to stay longer and enjoy Galveston Island.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had 2 spiders in the shower with me on the first day of our 2 night stay up on the 3rd floor in a balcony room. Front manager did not really seem to care and in no way try to make up for it. I asked that our room be checked and sprayed the next day. That morning, after a night of dreaming about bugs the new front manager knew nothing about it and once again did not seem to care. I told them to make sure my room was sprayed. After a day at the hotel pool we came back and no note saying it was sprayed!! I went down to front desk and nobody seemed to care. that next morning I had been bit by something on my chest. I went down to show the front manager and he apologized!! I told him to make sure there was a report about this because I would be calling the corporate office. When I called there were no notes of this in my file. I am a silver Hilton Honors member and sick and tired of Hilton not caring about their service. I used over 80,000 ponts and spent over $200 on hotel food and drinks. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE AND STAY ELSE WHERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jennthia
Suzanne S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is through guest comments such as yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the level of guest service. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experiences you had during your stay. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate department managers for review and all actions will be taken to correct these problem areas. I would like to thank you again for your comments and suggestions and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on business in mid-May, 2012. The rooms are typical hotel rooms, older but nicely renovated, and the balcony is an added touch. It's a very nice property, right on the seawall, walk to the beach. The pool area is quite nice, and there is a sauna, too. The lobby area is comfortable, and there is free wi-fi there (you have to pay in rooms). There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby, and you can get complimentary continental breakfast with higher tier Hilton Honors membership. There are other restaurants within walking distance. There best part of this stay was the room $82/night rate! What a bargain! The price goes way up in the summer - not sure I would pay the summer rates for this property, but I would definitely return during off-season.

Room Tip: I liked the balconies in the older portion of the hotel...I don't think the high-rise portion ha...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne S, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is through guest comments such as yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the level of guest service. Galveston has become a popular beach desination in the summer, therefore the rates are higher. The location of the Hilton, having easy access to the beach is one of our best assets. I would like to thank you again for your comments and suggestions and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Paid over $400 a night for a room with a view of the ocean. No balcony. Next to the ice maker. Next to the elevator. Refused late check out. Plastic plants everywhere. Breakfast buffet was on par for a cheap hotel. I respect supply and demand, but there are so many other places to stay for less, many with a balcony. I would stay there again for $200, but not $400.

Room Tip: I paid extra for the gulf view room, but not worth the money. there are some rooms with balconies, b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jpatter1
Suzanne S, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is through guest comments such as yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the level of guest service. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate department managers for review and all actions will be taken to correct these problem areas. I would like to thank you again for your comments and suggestions and we hope to see you again in the future.