“Wonderful hotel and staff! Highly recommend!”

Hilton Galveston Island Resort
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here for our anniversary, and everything, from the room to the facilities and food, was excellent! Another delightful Hilton proprert!

2  Thank CareyKat
kristin s, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2016

I apologize this is so late in communication however we wanted to reach out and say thank you for staying at the Galveston Island Hilton. We pride ourselves on a consistent product with exceptional customer service. Thank you once again and we look forward to you visiting in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Arrived late but had no trouble checking in.
Got to room and tried to log on to their wireless. No signal. Called the front desk, they offer not wireless, only wired ethernet. Wires provided were short and thus confined to desk area. But then discovered that I WAS CHARGED $10 PER DAY FOR INTERNET ACCESS! I have stayed at Quality Inn on the Ship Channel that had free wireless.
This is supposed to be an UPGRADED hotel AND an upgraded room. Absolutely unacceptable. Will never stay here again! Fort the more expensive room it lacked a basic service that is important to me.

Room Tip: I was told that no room had free wireless.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tgr3
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Enjoyed an overnight stay at the beachfront Hilton. Our stay was an award stay, so the price was certainly right. However, the going rate for the room was in excess of $250 per night, about twice what the accomodations were really worth.

2  Thank Grumpyworm
COtravler77, Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We understand that you have a choice when selecting a hotel and we appricate your business. There are no spare customers and we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We returned from our stay at this hotel yesterday for a short family vacation. We have stayed here before and have loved the property. However, this stay was less than satisfactory because we were fraudulently charged even though our room was already booked and prepaid through Hilton's online booking service. Upon check in, we gave our check card for incidentals, only to find the next morning that the hotel charged us their premium rate for the night, even though we had prepaid for our reservation. We talked to the front desk and were told, and this is verbatim, "we can't just make the money magically appear back in your account." We spoke to a manager, who assured us he would take care of it. But, the next morning, that same charge appeared, as well as a second one! We talked to another manager, who assured us she would take care of it, only to find that later that day, the hotel charged us for a third night, even though we only stayed 2 nights (both of which had been PREPAID!) The manager called our bank and got the charges reversed. But, today, ALL THREE CHARGEs were charged to our card AGAIN! The general manager never returned our calls or emails, and we have yet for the Hilton to return the money that they wrongly charged our account! AND, by the way, we are HILTON HONOR club members. Should we consider it an honor to be stolen from?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Beachbumom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

As a Hilton Honors Diamond VIP, I expected better at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. I was not upgraded to the executive floor, which should have been standard; and the room we were given, although technically a Gulf-view room with balcony, was really a great view of Landry's restaurant next door. The balcony "furniture" (plastic) was extremely dirty - no way I was gonna touch it, let alone sit on it. The room itself was not what I would consider clean.

The worst thing about the room was the air conditioner, which turned off for a total of 3 seconds before coming back on again and sounding like jet engines inside the room. Turning it off was not an option, considering it is June in Texas. I travel frequently and this AC takes the cake for being the loudest ever!

I will not stay here again.

3  Thank Hannahbananab
Reviewed May 26, 2011

If you are looking for a fun place for anyone under 80- do not come here! t
The day time hours are actually fun - great swim up bar with awsome staff- Crystal and Margi are great.- however after 8 PM they roll up the welcome matt.
After 11PM they will tell you to go to your room! Our first night we were to go to our room- by securty- everyone was told to leave the pool area- the scond ight they shocked the pool and spa with chemicals and closed it at 11pm!
i have been here 4 times in the last 6 years and loved it - but i will NEVER come back. DO NOT COME HERE- unless you want to go to sleep AT 10Pm

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

AWFUL - STAY AWAY! Upon checking in we had SERIOUS issues with the front desk. Most of the staff members were accommodating. However, we had to leave because the damp, mildew stench was unbearable. The wall had pieces falling off and the sliding glass door was not very secure. I the door hurt my hand called the front desk they even don't care to care,We had an ocean view room (but, mainly saw the hideous roof). The floors were not clean. They had a glade plug in right outside the elevator, but trust me they need something more than that all throughout that place. I could not sleep b/c I felt damp and sticky all night. I washed my hair and was going to let it air dry, however after 3 hours it was still soaking wet..... The room was soooo humid! For what we paid I was shocked by what I saw/felt/smelled in that place. We left early and were NOT able to get a refund for our remaining days, I called the management so at least they can pay my medical bill for hurting my hand they blame it on me, I can't believe the claim lady for this hotel work as a waitress next door restaurant!
SO I DO NOT RECOMOND THIS HOTEL ONE BIT!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family