Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$240
QualityInn
$155
Comfort Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$149
ComfortSuites
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$256
Hilton.com
$206
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$289
$212
$187
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$161
  • Restaurant
$249
All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat view of the harborfront deskwatch the cruise shipswalking distancedolphin tourship channelsister propertiestall shiprooms are largelight switchessmall hotelboutique hotelpre cruise staycruise porttwo blocksgalveston bay
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice. Comfortable borderline luxury. My husband and I have stayed twice while sailing out of Galveston. Several eateries within walking distanct. You can leave your car there (with a fee of course) and walk you luggage over to the port. We find that very easy. When you return, just walk your luggage back to the car and you are on your way. Another plus if you are an early riser you can watch your ship come in. This hotel offers breakfast as well with the price of the room. If you add up the cost of a hotel elsewhere in Galveston then add the cost of a cab or port parking fees, you will come out about even. Stay at the Harbor House and make it easy on yourself. I rate it a 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Texankhj
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your stay at Harbor House. Now that we are in our spring season, guests can enjoy a number of free events including Party at the Pier on the third Saturdays of the month from 10 am to 4 pm (March - October). We appreciate your tips and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went into town early before a cruise. The staff was very helpful. The room was comfortable, spacious, and quiet. Nice view of the harbor from our room. Several excellent restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has great views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lovetotravel969

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay at Harbor House. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to your next visit when you cruise out of Galveston again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

One of my favorite hotels in the USA. On the harbor, not on the seawall side. One of my favorite views, I can just sit in the big comfortable chair and watch all the tankers, tugs, barges, & cruise ships go up and down the harbor channel. They have wonderful suites that have windows looking out two different direction. Extremely comfortable over stuffed furniture. 3 excellent seafood restaurants in a row, including the one downstairs. Only one block to the Strand, the downtown area full of restaurants and shops. Good strong Wi-Fi. Things that could be better; they have the old style flat screen TV. Not HD. Hard to believe a Hotel like this, with these prices, doesn't have "real" flatscreen TVs! They also have strange light switches that are really hard to get used to. And thirdly, as you walk around your room, come into your room, lights are popping on automatically. I am constantly turning lights off! Every time I walk through the living room the bathroom lights go? Really don't get that.

As nice (and expensive) as this hotel is, customer service often stinks. There is no listing of TV channels in the room. When Wi-Fi goes out, there's no 800-number available to call and get help. When I called the front desk about the Wi-Fi issue, it took me several calls to get someone to answer. When I got a call from a business associate and needed to write down the message, I realized there was no pad/pen on the desk or side table as you would find in most hotels. I reported that my sink was not draining, but no one ever showed up to fix it.

Room Tip: I've stayed here several times, but this was the first time on the second floor instead of the third (top) floor. I don't recommend the second floor. You are right on top of the restaurant, and their music, and their guests talking on the patio. Also, I could hear people walking down the hallway on the floor above me. If you are splurging for the suite, try to get 301. For a King Room, try 302. Both of these are on a corner so have windows looking in two directions.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank drdroad
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Harbor House. We agree that it is a wonderful location and please accept my apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We will share your feedback with the appropriate staff. We hope that you stay with us again soon.