“Nice place to stay”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and her family checked in here on Valentine's night. They would not be arriving until later that evening, close to 10 or 11 pm. We were worried because the online reservation stated a much earlier check in deadline. I called and spoke to one of the owners and explained the situation, and there was no problem at all, they were in fact waiting for them when they finally arrived. On Friday, my son in law reserved a room for me and my youngest daughter and the rest of my family, The rooms are a little old, but were clean, and the grounds are very well kept. We took some photos by some lovely palm trees. Upon check out, the owner gave me fruit to give to the grandkids and made some more coffee for my son in law. You do not find this kind of service very often. His kindness will be remembered and we will definately revisit his hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Tis36
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank You for your comment's on myself and my motel.Also thank Clinton for booking at my motel. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The owners of this place are very nice and accomodating. They are picky about who stays here so you will not find wild parties or loud neighbors being an issue. They are still recovering from "Ike" so everything is not pristine and there are no elevators which can be a problem for some. There are no services nearby so you either have to take a taxi or shuttle to get anywhere if you do not drive there. This a very basic hotel and fine for an overnighter before a cruise if you don't demand luxury. They let you leave your car if you are taking a cruise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank BAG LADY1
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words Judith, hope you and your son had a safe trip back to Sunny San Diago.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was really great the service was excellent and Sam had a vast knowledge of the local area and was really friendly, the rooms where clean and really comfortable beds.I had a great time and i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good time in Galveston.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Hiren V
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank You hiran for staying with us.We thank you for your view on our property.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Hotel is right next to the ferry so we could take it when ever we wanted day or night, comfortable beds and The staff is very kind, Breakfast was Provided everyday. It is also a short walk from the beach. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank BobGreen86

Thank you Bob for staying,realy appreciate the kind view of my motel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I have been cruising out of Galveston since 2008, and every year we go back to the Red Carpet inn. The rooms aren't anything special but the service is exceptional. Sam remembers us even though it's only once a year. He always treats us as family not as guests, The best part is it's just down the road from the cruise terminal and we leave our car at the hotel for the week for free. And I know Sam keeps a very good eye on it. We will always stay at the Red Carpet inn when we cruise... looking forward to it this year. Going on a Christmas cruise in December.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Okiewoody55
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us again, and I thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is right off the water and is right next to a ferry crossing. The rooms were clean and didn't look run down at all. The price was amazing for the location. I slept great on the beds. The best part was the service. The person at the front desk was very kind, friendly and went out of his way to serve us. Most excellent.
I will recommend this place to friends and family when they head to Galveston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Antonio R
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Hello Antonio, thank you for your review.Hope you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I booked this room for our first year anniversary and the service was excellent the people who ran this hotel were amazing! The hotel is older but it's a great value. I really enjoyed our trip! Thank you so much for being so nice!

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank tlavigne
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank You for staying with us hope that you come back soon,but this time bring the baby with you so you don't have to rush back home.