“Great place to stay!”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My stay here was great. The rooms are clean and the pool is awesome! It's well maintained. The location is also great as well since it's close to the ferry boats and beach. Sam, the owner, was very accomodating and friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Bina8412
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank You Bina,for your kind word's.We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

A little late posting this . . . We went and stayed (again) at Red Carpet Inn. As usual, wonderful service (I agree with Misti Varner . . . Sam and staff is more like family). Wonderful stay, cold a/c, quiet and wonderful! We forgot one of our pillows. I called Sam and he's saving the pillowcase for us! We're going back Labor Day Weekend, so we'll get it then! Lovely people . . . great prices . . . stressless stay!
There are smoking and non-smoking rooms . . . For some reason (most likely the proximity to Crystal Beach), we've never gotten in the pool, but it looks very clean and inviting. We'll try to do that time Labor Day Weekend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank turdus
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks for the kind word's. See you again on Labor Day weekend.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Most importantly, the kindness here is unreal!!! I do not feel like I checked into a hotel, more like family!! Sam is the kindest man! Saved our vac, we have stayed many places on the island, but I have always wanted to stay here ! I had made prior resv. At another hotel then canceled due to weather, but then decided to come on to Galveston! Easy reservation ! Room clean, smelled clean, ac works great! And my fav part of hotel is the lil round windows ! Cute place ;) also price not bad at all ! Thanks Sam and Red Carpet Inn

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank MistiVarner
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you Misti for your kind word's.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend get-a-way in Galveston. After reading the Tripadvisor reviews, we booked a room at The Red Carpet Inn. We were not disappointed. The owners were super-nice, the room was CLEAN and quiet. We will be booking there on our next trip !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cathie W

Hello Cathie, thank you for staying with us hope your husband feel'sbetter.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I booked online, and when we arrived at the property, we realized that the pictures on the internet looked much different. The place was dirty and empty (probably because of their bad service). The lobby and the rooms smelled bad, and the a/c in the room didn't even work. The breakfast cafeteria consisted of three stools in the corner of the lobby and a microwave. When we told the manager we would look for a hotel closer to the beach, he tried to pressure us by saying he was gonna sell our room. (By the way, let me repeat, the place was empty). My father replied by saying that we, as customers, had the right to look around without cancelling our reservation. The manager made a scene and yelled at us until we got back in the car. He then proceeded to charge us more than $100 for a "no-show" charge. I do not recommend any one to go to this hotel, especially families with children who expect friendly service

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank samantha t
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Hello Samantha. You and your father said you were coming back that evening after looking at other motels near the beach. Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation charge of the first night room rate.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The owner was great. We booked online and my husband added a special request.. Of clean sheets (being funny) and at check in he said ,"hello George from Bryan with Clean sheets. The room was much larger then our friends who stayed down the road and paid double what we paved. Rooms a bit older but very clean. Beds nice and hard ;) Great night stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank ana0210
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank You Young Man. I do hope you will come back.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

In January of 2012, my cousin, Julie, and I contacted the Red Carpet Inn (RCI) and we each spoke to the owner, Sam Patel, separately. We arranged for a block of rooms for July 28, the night before our family reunion cruise out of Galveston. He agreed to hold a block of rooms and quoted $100 a night. We thought we were set and a number of our family members reserved a room. I requested an email confirmation, which he said he would send, but he never did.

In June, one of Mr Patel's staff called each of us who had rooms reserved that, because some of our party had cancelled their rooms and there were now less than 10 rooms reserved, they were raising our rate to $150. They said the $100 was a group rate, but this was never a condition of our booking. Besides, another cousin booked on his own at the same hotel and got a rate of $102 without a group.

They told some of our party that they would only honor the $100 rate if they had reserved with a credit card. Well, that should have been all of us because we were all required to give our credit card when we reserved. That was a condition of the $100 rate, but we wouldn't be charged until the night of our booking.

When they called me and said they were raising my rate, I told them to hold my reservation. But 2 weeks later when I called to cancel, Mr Patel said he didn't have a reservation for me. If I had continued under the assumption that I had a reservation, I would have shown up on July 28 and not had a room.

In the middle of all of this, when Julie was speaking to of their staff, the woman said she'd have to speak to Mr Patel. She took Julie's number and said she'd have Mr Patel call Julie. He never did.

This was the most disappointing experience I've ever had in dealing with a hotel. They don't keep their word, they change the terms of your agreement, and they drop your reservation without your knowledge. I certainly won't stay here in the future. It's not worth it for a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank TheLadyNomad
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience and misunderstanding during your reservation process. In order for us to reserve rooms at the discounted group rate, we need credit cards to reserve those rooms at the discounted rates. Unfortunately, we did not receive credit cards from most of your group within the agreed upon date, at which point we had to cancel the unreserved rooms. However, we did honor the room rate for those guests who reserved their rooms with credit cards. Again, we sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding during the reservation process.Hope you all had a wounderful family reunion.