“Best Candlewood i ever stayed!!!!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Galveston
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best Candlewood i ever stayed!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and the second time around was better since they with their new Manager,GREAT inside, the room is very nice and spacious. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on, it's one of those new special mattresses. Good variety of fitness room equipment. Swinmming pool and hot tub was good and prices very reasonable for hotel fare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The weekend before the 4th of July, my wife and her sister’s family went down to the coast to try and catch some sunshine. We stayed Saturday and Sunday night at the Candlewood, and were quite pleased with the stay. There’s a pool, which seems rare for the brand. The deck is a good size for the hotel, and there’s a hot tub, too. The staff, especially Ashley, was friendly and made excellent dining recommendations. Proximity to Target (across the street), the freeway, the Strand (downtown) was a bonus. The beach was less than a 10 minute drive. Bronco Burrito is just a minute down the street and has must try breakfast burritos. We loved the convenience of the full kitchen to premake drinks to take to the beach. Only drawback is that there was no ice machine and the freezer in the room lacked a hyper-ice-creation setting. Rooms had window AC unit, but it was controlled by an in-wall thermostat. All in all, a great weekend base for the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank joezissss
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family stayed here for 2 nights for a beach vacation. I loved having a kitchen to prepare meals and save money on dining out. The Target across the street was great for picking up groceries. The rooms were clean, though a little small. We had a DVD player in the living area and borrowed movies from the front desk. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaints were, the silverware in the room wasn't very clean. I rewashed them before we used them. The Wifi was weak in our room, but they had a computer near the lobby for guest use. We also smelled cigarette smoke on occasion even though our room was non-smoking. I think some of the other rooms on our floor (3rd) were smoking rooms. You do have to drive to the beach, but it's not far and there is parking on the seawall. I enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Klydwn
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Candlewood Suites is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms, a kitchenette, gym and a convenience store.

The negative things of this hotel is that for 2 adults, the bed is somewhat small and more importantly, the parking lot and the pool area outside has too many MOSQUITOS which can turn a beautiful evening outside into a nightmare.
Mosquitos attacked my wife and I as well as my puppy. Every time i walked our puppy, i can see him dancing because of the mosquitos around the hotel.
It made outside very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: bring your insect repellent, mosquitos everywhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bevon
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Bevon,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you found our hotel pleasing. Your comments about the Mosquito's have been shared with the appropriate departments.

I hope you can stay with us again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Livingston, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

we were there injune 2012.we were planning to stay 3-4 nights. we left after 2. the first day my kid slipped on rocks that were thrown in the pooland around the hot tub.she bruised herself it would have been worse thankfully my husband reacted and caught her .they were in there for 2 days until i cleaned them out. i told the front desk they left the rocks in there as if they would magically disappear. that wasn't the best part the hot tub button was live and 2 children were almost electroquted including my kid THE FRONT DESK MADE LIKE IT WAS OUR FAULT. . we left our room 4 1 hr and came back only to find MY HuSBANDS WEDDIND BAND STOLEN , I CALLED THE DESK they told us housekeeping didn'tgo in there. well our ring was missing and so was the garbage and the towels were folded.we would not checked in here if we would have known some of the cars outside for several nights were broken into. The funny thing was i neverheard a vaccuum going once i know bec the 1st day there we dropped poptarts in the hallway and elevator and it was there thewhole time we were . DO NOT STAY HERE ITB IS TTOO HIGH FOR ALL THE CRAP WE HAD TO DEAL WITH.

Room Tip: don't book here unless you like disaster. do your homework and taske these reviews to be true.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shannon h
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Shannon H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was scared after my company booked threw travelocity. Let me tell you, NONE of what was said has proved to be true. This hotel is new and spotless. I have never felt so at home while traveling on the road for my job. My stay was 6 nights and the front desk was nothing as described. The gentleman was very accommodating and helped me with anything needed. I give this place a 10 on all accounts. Full kitchen, beautiful table, room with door, COLD A/C as soon as I entered room, and CLEAN! I don't ever write reviews but this one deserves its name cleared. Thank you Candlewood, we will be back. I haven't slept this good in a long time!

Room Tip: Couch pulls out into bed
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank BrittanyJadeH
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recently stayed at Candlewood during a very busy time for them--a dance competition coupled with a festival downtown as well as a cruise weekend (my husband and my reason for being there). Not only did we receive a fast check in with no problems, but the wonderful girl Abigail at the front desk arranged for our parking at their location and for third party shuttle to the terminal. It was a breeze. Whatever request we had was promptly answered, from an extra pillow and blankets to getting us some ice as the ice maker in our room was taking very long. Even though not on the beach, their rooms are the same size as more expensive beach front locations and the atmosphere is much more hospitable. The manager Ali was equally friendly and helpful with our check out, and we definitely plan to stay again for the fourth of july.

Room Tip: Room service is not provided, this is an extended stay hotel, but the front desk is always willing t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple