“A whole in the wall, but good.”
Review of Star Drug Store

Star Drug Store
Ranked #34 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“A whole in the wall, but good.”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I went here by accident, after my lunch reservation got bongled. I enjoyed the food greatly, and the servers are attentive and kind. The floors could use a good mopping but I will go back again when I'm back in Galveston

1 Thank Mvaraslov

Kingwood, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Star Drug deserves a star”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

A friend from Alabama and I visited on Good Friday and ate breakfast. What a treat to have good food and a fountain Coca Cola! The waitstaff was attentive and we had an absolutely great time looking at the items throughout the shop. The only negative was the biscuits and gravy were actually Texas toast and gravy... great but go figger!!!

1 Thank PRCzar2u
Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A charming experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We had a late lunch at the Star Drug Store and to our surprise, it was packed. An older gentleman, who might have been the owner, walked us to a small table by the stairs where he had been busy working on his computer. He cleared the table, sat us down then took our drink order. The atmosphere was great; swivel stools around the counter behind which the food was prepared, old time fountain drinks and a 2nd floor loft around the perimeter which displayed the talent of local artists. We had sandwiches for lunch – a Rueben and a cheeseburger – each prepared at the time of order. Both were very good and enough, so much in fact that we couldn’t bring ourselves to order the fountain drinks and soda deserts, which was the reason we visited the Drug Store in the first place. We will go back, but next time for deserts only.

1 Thank Three4TheRoad
Galveston, Txq
“Very Friendly staff, neat historical building”
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Best Tomato Basil soup on the Island. The chicken salad is very different, but tastes good to me. Old Fashioned soda fountain. Hasn't changed much since my father worked there back in the 1940's. If time allows, talk to one of the staff about the pharmacy that used to be in the building.

mid-Missouri
“Tasty sandwich”
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I ate once here during my trip to Galveston in February 2009. I had intended to eat breakfast but arrived too late so ended up having lunch instead. The sandwich came with a cup of tomato basil soup that was quite tasty. I had a piece of their chocolate cake for dessert which was quite tasty but a tad overpriced ($4.95/slice).