“Great views and a nice walk”
Review of The Seawall

and up
Houston Sightseeing Tour and Galveston Day Trip
Ranked #6 of 105 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk along this eight-mile seawall built to protect Galveston from the raging winds and waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We love to go to the island, drive up and down the seawall, park and feed the sea gulls. This is a great way to spend the day, you can fish at one end, or walk the beaches a the other end. We love to spend the day here.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Enjoyed our morning walks on the sea wall. At night, the pleasure pier rides are lit up and it is beautiful. I'm sure it is crowded in peak season but we where there in off season.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We loved it. Rented two four seater bikes. Did some shopping. Would definately go here again. Prices were reasonable for the bikes and the small shopping shops werent so bad either.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

That's all I would do is drive this area, Crowded and lots of traffic. Some good eating, be carefull of the SEA DOO Renters near the Amusement Park go on down by Gaido's..

1  Thank LilWeezy2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having only read about the 1900 Galveston hurricane from the history class, I wanted to check it out while I was in Texas. It is about an hour drive from Houston. While I was only there for a day, I think it would make a nice weekend destination.

While the brown beach sand and the murky water is nothing like Florida beaches, overall atmosphere is still pretty nice and family friendly for most part. There are lots of shops and restaurants to browse and take in a meal.

As for those complaining about pay parking, obviously they have not visited other beaches where parking is premium. However, while I don't mind paying for the parking, there's got to be a better way to collect than pay by phone system.