I attended an annual (oil based) convention there in April. It is a very nice facility, very nice people, and fairly well maintained given the size of the size. There is ample space for conventions, a large (beautiful) pool, and even a decent restaurant for breakfast.
I did not visit the spa so I can not give input one way or another. My wife and I are planning a get away soon and I will likely taker her to Galveston for 4-5 days. This will most likely be where we stay.
* Large, works especially well for conventions
* Clean Rooms, well maintained grounds
* Affordable and pretty comparable to standard hotel rates
* No problems with WIFI anywhere I tried to connect
* Moderate breakfast (at additional cost)
* Good view of Galveston
* The pool area is perfect for reading and unwinding. There were several there every night reading.
* Convention Center is separate from the rooms so you don't have to deal with noise if you are there as a guest only.
* Parking. There is ample parking but it is across the street. This can be a little uncomfortable if you have to go to your car at night.
It not perfect, as no hotel is, but I'm struggling to find anything considered a con. Overall, satisfied. I will be back at some point to spend some of my own hard earned money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moody Gardens Hotel Spa And Convention Center
- Moody Gardens Hotel Hotel Galveston
- Moody Gardens Motel
- Moody Gardens Galveston
- Moody Garden Hotel Galveston