Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$80
Scottish Inn(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$59
Comfort Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$100
$89
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
  • Beachfront
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$71
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$118
$85
HIExpress.com
$54
1,613 results
All reviewspalm beachfestival of lightsnorth towerrainforest pyramidindoor lap poolkids activitiesbreakfast buffetswim up barvalet parkinghotel restauranthot tubgreat weekendoff seasonfamily vacationshort drivespring breakthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently came down the day before to stay in Galveston the day before the cruise. This was the best choice we made all cruise. On Sunday there was a bad fog delay and the port was shutdown due to an oil spill. The hotel let us stay in our rooms till 5 pm for no charge. In addition they were very supportive and everything we asked for they said no problem. The hotel even drove us to our cruise ship finally at 11 pm and was very helpful and support. We are back in Chicago now due to Royal canceled the trip, but thank you again Moody for making some of our trip good. Special thank you to Brandon Guest Services Manager for your late night with us.

• Stayed: March 2014
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Swimdude02,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Moody Gardens. I am glad to hear that we were able to make a stressful time easier on you. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get out on your cruise. Thank you so much for the kind notes about our Guest Services Manager, Brandon!

Thank you for the review and if you return to Galveston in the future, we would love to welcome you back to Moody Gardens.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel to celebrate our 4 yr. Anniversary!
It was our first time stay and we were very pleased. We especially enjoyed the live band on Saturday (not sure if they have live music very Saturday) night and hanging out at the pool.
My room was very clean and pretty with a great view of the Pyramids.

Room Service was Great!
My only 'CON' would be the ridicules SPA prices!!!!!!!
After reading some of these bad reviews , I think I was just one of the Lucky ones!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RomanceQuest

Dear RomanceQuest,

Thank you so much for telling us about your recent stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am happy that you were able to experience the live band and hanging out at our pool.

We hope to welcome you back for many more Anniversaries in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Combination of business and family trip. So excited to take the grandchildren again. Swim up bar, ice cream and nearly everything closed. The first night the sheets were not completely on the bed. It was downhill from there. The next day, I requested fresh towels and make up the bed that had been unfinished. Everytime, I went to the room, I called to request fresh towels and sheets on the bed that had been unmade. Finally after a 7PM phone call to management and room service with the same request, someone showed up without towels or sheets or anything else. It took an hour of sitting there waiting to get the one bed made and fresh towels. Staff and management do not know how to do things. Management never called regarding the problems with housekeeping. Food and service were awful in the restaurant also. Our not so picky, starving 12 year old would not eat the food. Servers stood around talking to one another and would not serve the tables.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DRealtor
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest DRealtor,

I was extremely disappointed to read of the many service lapses that impacted your stay with us. You deserved better and, on behalf of all of us at Moody Gardens, please accept my most sincere apologies. We normally perform much better than this and your comments regarding housekeeping and our lack of management follow up is very troubling. We recently opened our new restaurant and I would be especially interested if your experience came from that new concept. If you would be kind enough to email me your name and dates you were here, I will personally investigate what happened and get back with you. My email is goneil@moodygardens.com.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed 2 nites during spring break. Was emailed about all the exciting things going on for Spring Break but found Palm Beach closed, zip line not installed even tho ads said open on March 9th, Schlitterbahn not open, ice cream parlor closing early & the cafe prices VERY Expensive & only kids 6 & under eat free.
Staff as always very nice.
Will check into staying at other hotels in Galveston next time.

Room Tip: 5th floor facing the pyramids have awesome views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana G

Dear Diana G,

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize for some of the miscommunications that impacted your visit with us. Spring Break can be a challenge regarding identifying which attractions are open and which are not. This year there were several school districts that did not have their spring break during the peak week of March 8-14. Schlitterbahn was open the first week but closed the week you came. Palm Beach is never open in the spring and is opening weekends starting May 10th and every day between Memorial Day and Labor Day. You were correct regarding our zip line and ropes course not being opened. We encountered a series of challenges that has moved the opening until May. We did have some advertisement out there with the March 8 date and we pulled it all when we saw we were not going to make it. Unfortunately, the error was ours in this regard and I can see how it impacted your stay. If you find yourself returning to Galveston in the near future, please do not hesitate to email me personally at goneil@moodygardens.com as all of us here would love to win back your trust.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed there as part of the Cheer group. Hotel staff for the most part were extremely nice and helpful. The head of security was a jerk though. The hotel itself is dated, but well maintained. Can tell it went through a recent renovation. Very clean and inviting. The pool was great with a swim up bar. Prices weren't too bad for a hotel. Wish we could have experienced more of the actual resort though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family