Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Scottish Inn(Galveston)
$87
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
$135
$187
$176
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$155
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$263
$227
$166
$161
$179
$143
  • Restaurant
1,626 results
All reviewspalm beachfestival of lightsnorth towerrainforest pyramidindoor lap poolkids activitiesbreakfast buffetswim up barvalet parkinghotel restauranthot tubgreat weekendoff seasonfamily vacationshort drivespring breakthe room was nice
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our group has held functions of various types at Moody Gardens Hotel on numerous occasions throughout the past several years, and have never been disappointed in any way. The views are spectacular, the hotel and surrounding property are beautiful, and the service by the entire staff is the very best you will find anywhere. I have conducted similar functions at numerous properties throughout the country and abroad, and can honestly say that none even come close to matching this magnificent facility! I highly recommend Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center for your next function, whether it's for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The view is spectacular from just about any room, and all rooms are nicely decorated and elegantly furnished.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tommyl437
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Tommy L,

Thank you for your review and for your wonderful recommendation. I am delighted to learn you have held many events at Moody Gardens over the past several years, and it is even more rewarding to read that we continue to provide the service you have come to expect.

We appreciate your loyalty and feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This should be a 3 star hotel at most. Older furnishings. Restaurant mediocre and the service person we had didn't understand English very well. Paper thin walls. We were next to a noisy family. At 12:30am the son was still playing a video game loudly, despite my calling several times about the noise. Staff only called them and took their word that the noise wasn't "that bad."

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jody L
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Jody L,

Thank you for your feedback and I regret that your stay was not to your satisfaction. It appears that you stayed in one of our older rooms that is scheduled for remodeling this spring. I was especially concerned to read our lack of response with your noise complaint. We could have been more pro-active and I have personally followed up with our Security Department to use this as a training issue.

We would love to welcome you back and have the opportunity to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them. We hope to have the chance to do so.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

TV didn't work
Lock on the door to the room was installed incorrectly
Light fixture in bathroom fell down
Door on the bathroom was installed incorrectly

All of that + a 35 minute wait just to check in.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear DWB32,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I was embarrassed to read of the maintenance issues that impacted your visit with us and would be happy to visit with you personally for some more details on your stay in the hope of correcting that one room and winning back your confidence. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 409-683-4405.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel that was recently updated. It has almost all the rooms re-done now, and they are in the process of completing the public areas. The breakfast buffet is really good, good assortment of items, refreshed regularly. However, sometimes you do have to wait 20 to 40 minutes during holidays and peak times. The restaurant is really a good size. They just don't have enough staff to handle the larger crowds. The rooms are a good size as well. I had a double queen room for our three person family. We also toured the pyramids and the festival of lights while here. We need to come back sometime during the summer when you can enjoy the beautiful outdoor pool and beach swimming area. They do have a small indoor lap pool for winter. It is well worth a visit and would recommend it to family/friends.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Linda D,

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, the Moody Gardens attractions and the Festival of Lights. I am sorry to hear about the wait time in the Terrace restaurant, I have forwarded your comments to the Restaurant Manager so we can prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to your return in the summer.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My son and I came to the Moody Gardens hotel last year between Christmas and New Years and loved it so much that we came back this year with one of his friends. Again, we had a wonderful experience.Our room was spotless and the housekeeping staff was amazing. In fact, I left a standard daily tip for the housekeeper today and when we came back to the room I was so impressed that when we later passed her in the hallway I tipped her more! I have never been inclined to do that before, even at very expensive hotels (management, we stayed in room 444 December 21-23 and the housekeeper assigned to our room on the 22nd was amazing in case you would like to recognize such a conscientious and dedicated employee). In addition to our spotless room, the beds were amazingly comfortable and cozy. I slept better than I had slept in a long time.

When we arrived to check in there were at least 30 people ahead of us in line and the lobby and entrance were total chaos. However, the front desk staff and valets were bending over backward to accommodate guests as pleasantly and expediently as possible and the check-in line moved faster than I could have imagined. Can you tell I was extremely impressed with the hotel and its staff?

I am sorry to say that we were not as impressed with the Terrace Restaurant as we were last year. We had the same waiter both nights, Wes, and he was great. He was very personable and responsive. Both nights the wait to receive food from the kitchen was slow.Tonight it was extremely slow. We ordered and sat for quite a while and Wes said he would check to see why our food was delayed. He told us he checked the ticket and had put the order in 30 minutes earlier (salad, kids mac and cheese and fries) and didn't understand the hold-up. He reminded the kitchen staff that we were waiting for food and it finally arrived after nearly 15 more minutes. He was apologetic and said he would speak to the manager to make up for the excessive wait (they were not busy). The manager walked by our table three times and never apologized or acknowledged the excessive wait. The kids decided to order dessert and I was appalled that given the excessive wait for our food, the same thing happened with dessert. They ordered carrot cake and pie, neither desserts which required prep time. We waited 20 minutes for them to receive their dessert. They became so frustrated that they said they preferred to just go outside for S'mores because it was taking so long.

Delays happen. Kitchens are occasionally understaffed. I don't get stressed out by those things.The main issue for me is that our waiter took the initiative to speak with the manager and it was apparently a struggle to even get a kids mac and cheese comped! The manager never spoke with us and had begrudgingly comped kids mac and cheese. Our waiter was embarrassed and apologetic, yet when I asked to speak to the manager after I paid the check he didn't even seem to understand why I wanted to talk to him. Our waiter had told him about our experience, yet I had to explain to him that he could have at least stopped at our table to apologize and ask if there was anything he could do to make up for our frustrating and unpleasant dinner (2 hungry kids whining for food is not my idea of a nice dinner and when I spend 50+ dollars on food without drinks) I expect more. I heard excuses about the kitchen being short-staffed, the dessert being delayed because the person making sandwiches also had to plate desserts, and the expectation that our waiter explained the situation to us. All I wanted was an acknowledgement of poor service but I actually had to explain to the manager that his waiter wasn't responsible for the restaurant, nor poor kitchen service. I have never written a negative review of a restaurant, but I was shocked by the manager's disinterest and told him I was going to post a review on TripAdvisor, so I am following through. On a positive note, the food at the Terrace was just as good this year as last:)

The pyramids, Festival of Lights, paddle-wheel boat ride, smores, pools, ice-skating, tubing/sledding, and all of the other activities and amenities make the Moody Gardens Hotel a great location to stay during the holiday season. We are looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear IsabellaSA,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted we continue to provide the service and experience you have come to expect during your holiday stays with us. It is great to hear the compliments on the housekeeping staff, I have shared your comments with the Director of Housekeeping. I am sorry to learn about your service experiences at the Terrace restaurant. Please accept my apologies on behalf of all of us at Moody Gardens, this is not the experience we wish for any one of our guests, and we will certainly make improvements in those areas. Your feedback and loyalty are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.