“Wonderful stay & experience”

Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
League City, Texas
“Wonderful stay & experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and exceptionally clean, surrounding grounds are meticulously manicured, food is delicious, pool is inviting, and all the activities are readily available. Our room was very clean, beautifully decorated, had great views and had a very quiet air conditioner. Bed was very comfortable & luxurious. Our five-year-old grandson enjoyed the pyramids, museums, playground, pool, outdoor movie & popcorn adventure and the beach. The staff is helpful, welcoming and courteous. This was a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation. We will definitely stay here again. We highly recommend it - beautiful, clean place!

Room Tip: Rooms with pyramid views are wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Martha2242013,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. Family memories last a lifetime, and we are happy we were able to create another great memory for you and your grandson. I was pleased to read your grandson enjoyed all of the attractions Moody Gardens has to offer and all of our Kid’s Crew activities. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

We appreciate your recommendation and wonderful feedback about our hotel and staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Garvin O'Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Thai first
Dripping Springs,texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Moody Gardens hotel for my High school reunion. I stayed in one of the renovated rooms and the colors were so bright and airy. The room seemed bigger than the previous stay. Love the bathroom The event was a success. Great service from all the staff. I have an annual pass to Moodys Gardens which gave me discounts in the hotel and restaurants. Look forward to staying there again, even if I am BOI..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Rose

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and décor. It’s great to know that your high school reunion was a success, we were happy to be a part of such a special event.

We appreciate your loyalty and feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My overnight stay at Moody Gardens was excellent! From the front desk staff, to the cleanliness of the hotel, to the comfort of the bed! It was wonderful. I had a large room, overlooking the pool and the water. I was able to sit on my patio chairs and watch the fireworks on Saturday evening as well.
I always bring food with me when I travel, and much to my delight there was a refrigerator in my room to keep food cold! The coffee in the morning was even delicious and fresh from a Keurig coffeemaker. The bed was SOO comfortable, I will be asking what mattress they use and try to buy one for myself. The pool are was beautiful and the staff at the pool bar was friendly and fun! Ordered some fun drinks and had a wonderful time. I will continue to go back there, year after year! Thank you to the General Manager for running such a wonderful resort!

Room Tip: Its nice to get a room on the south side of the hotel, so you can see the pool and the water!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hi Kerri,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and enjoy our Bands on the Sand fireworks from your balcony. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with the Keurig coffeemaker and our newly upgraded Sealy Plush Euro Pillow top mattress.

I am very pleased to read of the pool bar’s staffs' care and attention, and they too are delighted by your recognition. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is so pretty. Our view was perfect. The room was charming with the beach tones. Of course we loved the pool and the swim up bar. The location is perfect for the aquarium, which we walked to. All the staff was very accomodating and friendly. It was a dreamy day for us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I was pleased to read that you found your room to have a perfect view and the new décor charming. It is great to hear you enjoyed the pool and our swim up bar. We take great pride in providing quality service to each guest, and I am very pleased to read of the service staff provided. They are excited about your comments in recognition of their efforts.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back for another dreamy stay.

Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My stay was absolutely serene. The hotel is great for those who want to do everything or do nothing. This was my first time visiting Moody Gardens and hopefully will not be the last. The hotel staff is also knowledgeable about the surrounding areas. I highly recommend bringing your swimming suit because the pool is perfect, not to mention there are water slides and a splash park within walking distance. Moody Gardens is perfect for adults and kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay at Moody Gardens. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your first time as our guest and that our amenities and atmosphere contributed to your feeling of serenity while here. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear they exceeded your expectations and I have shared your compliments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter attended a cheer camp at Moody Gardens. We were given rooms in the new section and the rooms were fabulous. I was very impressed with the great customer service we experienced throughout the facility from the parking attendant, to the front desk, waiters, pool attendants, maids, etc. Every thing was very clean. Plenty of towels in the room, great soft beds and comfortable extra furniture. What an added bonus that you now offered guests the free pass to the palm beach water park. Also schlitterbahn is next door if you want something bigger. We also enjoyed some of the Moody attractions but wish that hotel guests would receive a discount; similar to what you get when you stay at other resort locations like Universal or Disney. The Terrace restaurant really impressed me that I ate three meals there. Outstanding food and service. Also you have free parking and also an underground garage if there's room and free wifi. The location is on the bay but it's very quiet and easy to get to everything else. I would stay here again. I would recommend asking for a new room and if it's some of the older rooms ask for a discount...they all will not be renovated according to their signs until next spring 2014.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I was pleased to read that you found the newly renovated rooms fabulous, our customer service great and that you enjoyed your meals and service at the Terrace restaurant. It’s great to hear you enjoyed Palm Beach and some of the other attractions here at Moody Gardens. I understand your desire for a discount on the Moody Gardens attractions, however as a non-profit complex, any price discounting for our attractions needs to be made available to all Galveston hotels. This is why we came up with the one and two-day pass programs which represents a substantial discount to individual ticket prices.

Your review is appreciated and I have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Port Isabel, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay was absolutely the best. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. My family and I enjoyed all the amenities the hotel offered including the various kids activities offered daily. I was particularly impressed with the fitness center. My kids, of course, were delighted by the pool and the aquarium, IMax theater, Rainforest, etc. The comfort of the room was just what we needed after a busy day of exploring! This hotel offers eveything you need to keep the family engaged.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review of Moody Gardens. I was pleased that you found your room to be comfortable and that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities we offer. It’s great to hear that your children enjoyed our Kids Crew activities as well. We are proud of our newly renovated Fitness Center and are glad to hear that you found it impressive.

Your feedback is appreciated and I have shared your great comments with our staff. We look forward to having you return to us the next time you visit Galveston.