Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
“Nice!!!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

New renovated rooms, great job. Great place for conferences. Internet in the ball rooms gets overloaded with lots of users. Weather was the only downer as a front came through, summer time is great been here at that time also!!

• Stayed April 2013
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. I am pleased you found Moody Gardens to be an excellent stay for business or leisure. We love hearing that you like our newly renovated rooms. We will also be updating both our restaurants, Spa and all public areas. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet, we are currently looking at ways to prevent the system from getting overloaded.

We have many fun activities planned for the summer, including Bands in the Sand every weekend. We hope to see you again soon to enjoy all that Moody Gardens has to offer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I love it we went to the water park and decided to spend the night what a great idea clean beautiful great for a high maintenance guest so if you want very nice this is it 200 a night average
They give you a free pass to the moody gardens water park it's for kids

• Stayed September 2012
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the Hotel and Palm Beach. Kids and adults love relaxing and having fun at our white sand beach complete with a lazy river, 18-foot tower slides and a wave pool. Palm Beach is conveniently located across the parking lot from Moody Gardens Hotel. All Moody Gardens guests receive free admission to Palm Beach.

We very much appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel has the potential of being a beautiful facility but it is old and dull. It appears renovation is underway. It can't happen any too soon. The front desk is very very inexperienced. Maid service isn't great. Our final bill apparently was delivered to someone else as we received one for a room down the hall. The food in the Terrace certainly wasn't worth the price. Please maintain this place. Light bulbs out, slow to replace. Automatic curtains did not work. Hmmmm, we tried to get reservations at the Tremont but they were sold out. Too bad. Let me add, the reason for the 3 stars. The bed was very very comfortable but if you like feather pillows bring your own.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your stay. I was pleased to read you felt the beds were comfortable. Moody Gardens Hotel is currently undergoing renovations. The décor is being updated throughout the entire hotel. We recently updated our beds to Sealy Plush Euro Pillow top mattresses, As part of the renovation, and have received fantastic reviews. While I was pleased to read the nice comments about the beds, I was disappointed to read of the shortcomings with your experience at the front desk, as well as the quality of the food and service you encountered at the Terrace. On behalf of all our associates please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured I have personally followed up with the Front Desk and Terrace Mangers to ensure we are providing positive memorable experiences.

We hope to welcome you back so you can experience the new rooms and let us provide you with the excellent hospitality we are known for. I know by giving us a second chance we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Your comments have been very helpful and are greatly appreciated.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is in need of a renovation, which it sounds like they are doing, but none of the areas we saw were renovated. Overall, it wasn't a bad stay, but it wasn't four stars. The breakfast at the Terrace was awful. Absolutely awful, and we aren't usually picky. We both ended up eating cereal, for $30. Even the fruit was bad. It was Easter weekend, and there were several events scheduled for kids, including breakfast with the bunny or something. No one showed up. Then there was a petting zoo in the lobby, but it was pretty lame. The pool did look nice, and it is convenient to Schlitterbahn and the Moody Garden events. However, restaurants and other activities are farther down the island, about 20 minutes at least. The service was decent. They got our bill wrong at checkout but fixed it immediately. Someone always greeted us at the door. Again, not a bad stay, but it felt like we were 30 years too late.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Moody Gardens. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here. Moody Gardens is currently undergoing renovation to the guest rooms and the restaurants and common areas will begin their renovations in September. I was disappointed to hear about the shortcomings you had at breakfast and with the Easter activities. On behalf of all of us here at Moody Gardens, please accept my sincere apologies. I have shared your comments with the Director of Food and Beverage and Kids Crew Manager to ensure we provide positive memorable experiences to all of our loyal guests. Our heated pool is beautiful and guests enjoy being able to swim year round.

Your feedback is valuable and appreciated. We look forward to serving you again soon, so you can experience the new décor and so we can provide you with the great hospitality we are known for.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the first review I've ever written for tripadvisor only because I've never been so unhappy with "hospitality" service before in my life. My standards are quite high as per usually staying at five star hotels. We happened to be in galveston with our three young children Easter week visiting family on the tail end of a one Month road trip. They advertised an Easter promotion including, 'Easter egg hunts, crafts, petting zoo, Easter buffet, ect.' Sounded perfect, also "a large made white sand beach". We booked 2 rooms (which had been recently renovated and were quite lovely) but received TERRIBlE customer service from everyone at the front desk, none of whom were able to even give me basic info. About the weekends events, and who never told me when making reservations prior the white sand beach wasn't open until may, disappointing. The Easter buffet which wasn't actually advertised as included in the Easter wknd promo but wasn't really disclosed as seperate either ended costing us $350.00. the moody gardens 'parks' if that's what they are called are dingy, way over priced, and poorly managed like the rest of the place. The Easter egg hunts which were what my kids were most excited about we're poorly managed and most kids didn't get to participate b/c they hadn't planned accordingly, this made me very upset because the kids had been eagerly anticipating it. The hotel itself is physically nice resort setup. Lovely waitress at the pool 'Nina' deserves applaud for being the only employee with any hospitality.DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for bringing to my attention the circumstances regarding your stay with us. I was truly embarrassed over the series of service lapses that marred your visit with us and, on behalf of all of us here at Moody Gardens, please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is our overriding goal here at Moody Gardens to provide the best in service, hospitality and accommodations. There was no valid excuse for our lack of professionalism and attention to detail, and I can certainly understand your frustration. Please know that your feedback will be used in planning future events to avoid situations like this from occurring again. I was pleased to hear that you liked our new room décor, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations which will be finished early next year. Thank you for letting me know that our associate, Nina, was helpful and I shared your comments with her. Nina, is one of our best associates at the pool bar she is mentioned often on our comment cards. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service and hospitality we are known for.
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful way to start our beach day! My boyfriend and I went to the spa for a couples massage, called the romantic retreat. We had a suite all to ourselves for the duration of our time there. Our hydrotherapy soak, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and massage were all in the suite. It was nice to be separated from the hotel and the rest of the spa. However, after changing into our robes at the spa we had to walk down the hotel hallway to our suite. This was a little awkward, but nothing terrible.

As for our masseuses, they were amazing, courteous, and professional. They did an excellent job of keeping us on time without ever making me feel rushed.

The value is what lead me to book at this spa over others in the area while we were on vacation. The package of services they offer in their romantic retreat makes all other couples massages on the island pale in comparison. They definitely lived up to the value I expected, and if we're ever visiting the island again I will make sure and book another appointment.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lindsay N
Thank you for providing feedback concerning your spa experience. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Romantic Rendezvous and that our spa exceeded your expectations. Our massage therapists have been with us for years and are the best on the island! The Spa will be undergoing a complete renovation in the upcoming weeks. We have listened to comments like yours regarding walking down the hallway and will be correcting this through the renovation process. Our overriding goal at Moody Gardens is to provide great hospitality and memorable experiences. We hope to see you again for a relaxing visit!
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was the host hotel for a convention I attended, and I was impressed. The hotel rooms in the North Tower were a decent size and nicely appointed. The location is convenient to the Seawall and the Strand, not to mention the attractions on site!

A nice lobby bar complete with fishpond, piano, and a decent happy hour. When our group closed down the bar, the staff moved us into an adjoining room so we could continue the celebration. (THANK YOU! It's little things like that that earn you points with convention attendees and planners alike.)

Parking -- at least in the off-season -- is plentiful and complimentary. Bring your walking shoes, though...because this is a big place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates recognized your needs and anticipated them. I have passed your kind words on to everyone. Moody Gardens is a great business convention site. We have 100,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a 60,000 foot exhibit hall that is ballroom quality. We very much appreciate your business and look to have you visit again soon.