Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Comfort Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$152
ComfortSuites
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$130
$259
$233
$199
  • Restaurant
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$286
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$349
1,648 results
All reviewspalm beachfestival of lightsnorth towerrainforest pyramidindoor lap poolkids activitiesbreakfast buffetswim up barhotel restaurantvalet parkinghot tubgreat weekendoff seasonfamily vacationspring breakthe room was niceparking lot
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As far as the the hotel it was beautiful and clean, But as of our room I was not at all happy. The amount we spent for 1 night I expected a little more. The tub was so small that my husband couldnt even sit in it and he isnt a big man, I am a 5.1, 110 lbs and barely fit in it. The bathroom counter top was stained up horrible with cigerett stains and I am guess hair spray cans. The wallls had black grease prints all up and down it. They were doing some kind of construction in the room next to us and at 7:30 am the banging and loud talking started. I don"t think I will be staying again.
Joyce Swift

Room Tip: Look before you pay...
4  Thank Joyce S
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to hear the hotel is beautiful and clean, but i was disappointed to read your room was not up to our standards let along your standards. We are in the middle of room renovations . . . . but still no excuse for the grease prints on the walls. While we normally perform much better, I can see how this incident impacted your impression of Moody Gardens Hotel. Please know that I have reviewed this with our Housekeeping Director to see that each room is inspected before they are sold. Thank you for your business and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moody Gardens Hotel soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Moody Gardens is a nice hotel, no doubt about that. The rooms are big, the bathrooms are nice and the bed is very comfy. It is also impeciably cleaned and the giant window lets in natural light. The jogging track is an added bonus and the pool area is very nice.
But it is a very big hotel, which means that you shouldn't expect very personal service. The people at the front desk are nice and professional, but there are so many of them, so you probably wont see the same person more than a couple of times.
The food at the Terrace restaurant is okay, but nothing more. The hotel is placed very far from the town, so if you don't have a car (and I realize that in the USA, everyone does) you have to get a taxi into town to find some other place to eat (or splurge at Shearn's on top of the hotel).
All in all, the hotel is nice and I can't really fault it for anything, but it doesn't leave a lasting impression.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rygsaek
PatrickRoomsManager, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Rygsaek. Thank you for staying with us during your time on Galveston Island. I am pleased you found the hotel impeccably clean and comfortable. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I recently purchased Yearly passes to Moody Gardens that includes 25% discount to the hotel. We wanted to make resevations to stay there for our anniversary. When I looked up thier site the daily rate was $159 but I couldnt find where to enter our discount. I called their reservation line and got an operator that was rude and barely spoke english. After being tranferred to reservations another rude lady told me that the discount could only be taken from the "rack rate" (which isnt online) at $259 not the daily rate given online. The Discount made it $201. What is the point of a paying for a yearly pass to have the discounts if the regular rate is cheaper? What a total rip off!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley W

Good Afternoon Ashley,

Our Moody Members are very important to us and we appreciate your loyalty. Our off Season Room rate is starting at $199 island view so the discount rate (25%) will be $149.25. Then for our the busy season (Spring Break thru Labor Day) the Discount (25%) starting at the rate $229 island view so then the discount rate will then be $171.75. I do apologize that reservations did not quote you the correct room rates. When purchasing a Moody Membership, I completely understand that the discount on rooms is a large benefit. Our reservations department is located on property and be assured I have personally talked with each of them to ensure they are relying the proper information.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have to say I was so disappointed in this hotel. We had my son's birthday party at the aquarium (which was EXCELLENT) and decided to make a weekend of it for my kids. I booked a BAY view with 2 queen bed room since there are 4 of us and my kids love to look at the water. We came over after the party and lunch to check and was told they didn't a room with 2 queens. They would be more than happy to give us a king with two roll aways. I said no, if I wanted that I would have booked that the first time. When I asked the extremely rude lady behind the counter why they didn't' have my room she informed they don't guarantee beds. I was shocked, I have never heard of a hotel not guaranteeing beds. Then when I questioned her on that by asking if I had booked a king and you didn't have one you would give two doubles, she replied by saying yes. I was shocked. They did finally "manage" to find us a room with 2 queens, but I was told it was an island view..not happy, but since my kids were exhausted and it had taken way too long we took it. It was an island view alright, of the PARKING LOT and roof top..soooo exciting !! The room was okay, nothing to be excited about. Definitely dated..there was rust on some things in the bathroom, the counter was cracked, the ceiling was peeling and the caulking on the counter was done really bad. We tried to call for housekeeping bcuz our remote didn't' work and NONE of the phones worked or are labeled. We got busy signals with most of the buttons we pushed hoping to find some one. The only one we could get was by pressing zero bcuz we had no idea who the buttons went to. The next morning both my husband and I woke up feeling horrible. Our heads were stuffed up and neither of us could breathe. We couldn't figure out why til I was laying there watching tv and noticed my feet were higher than my head. So our bed was slanted so bad it made us sick. Upon check out we called for valet and he went down to find a luggage to carry our stuff out. He couldn't find one, when he asked for some help he was informed they didn't have any, they didn't' know where one was and they couldn't help him. Fine, we'll just carry it. Get downstairs and our truck was sitting out front bcuz valet had brought it around, but there was no valet around and it was locked. I get keeping it locked for security, the but the booth was empty, so my kids are standing outside in 40 degree weather waiting for my husband to find the keys so he can let us in. I have to say it was one of most mis-managed valets I have ever seen. Overall the experience was horrible and as a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and the cruise line that leaves from Galveston now I will make sure to not recommend to clients to stay here before the cruise. It would be no way to start a vacation. I am thoroughly disappointed in the hotel, the staff and the overall experience at a hotel that is supposed to be so highly rated.

2  Thank erinshaneb

Good Afternoon Mrs. Benge,

Thank you for bringing to my attention the circumstances regarding your stay with us. I was truly embarrassed over the series of service lapses that marred your visit with us and, on behalf of all of us here at Moody Gardens, please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is our overriding goal here at Moody Gardens to provide the best in service and accommodations. There was no valid excuse for our lack of professionalism and attention to detail, and I can certainly understand your frustration. I personally went to the room to inspect the conditions you mentioned in your e-mail and agree with all of them with the exception of the bed. A couple of months ago we purchased all new pillow top mattresses and have received very positive feedback . We also do guarantee room types like all other hotels and I have personally talked with the agents and manger involved in this. I know when I travel room type is very important to me and I apologize for the frustration this caused. Please be assured that I have also shared your comments regarding valet with the guest services team. I have credited your stay of $171.35 back to the credit card we had on file for all the service issues. We have started our $30 million dollar renovation 2 months ago and will finish early next year. If you would like to give us a second chance I would be happy to make all of the arrangements personally.

Mrs. Benge, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Your comments have been very helpful and are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed the weekend of Jan. 11, 2013, for an event our daughter had at Moody Gardens. We have been to Galveston numerous times, usually staying at the San Luis, but stayed at Moody Gardens for this event. We were not disappointed. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. The bathroom was of good size as well. Every staff member we dealt with was competent, friendly, and helpful. Despite a hotel full of school aged cheerleaders the room areas were actually very quiet and we slept well. The kids loved the heated pools. The food at The Terrace (hotel restaurant) was okay, a bit expensive (expected at a hotel), but the servers were great. The only problem we had was picking up a wireless signal for our phones. It was spotty. No problems w/ a signal in our room but in the lobby and other areas we could only get a signal about half of the time. However we had no problems receiving the free wifi service offered by the hotel. The hotel is not across the seawall from the beach as are some of the other hotels but it is only a short drive. We will definitely consider staying here again on our next trip to Galveston.

2  Thank Matt_B_travels

Dear Kelkay66. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and walked away with the thought that you will definitely consider staying at Moody Gardens Hotel again on your next trip to Galveston. I will pass along your feedback to our staff and thank you for sharing.