Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
$233
$195
  • Pool
$135
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$224
$179
  • Breakfast included
$299
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$359
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$218
$166
Hilton.com
$206
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
$222
$209
  • Beachfront
$161
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewspleasure pieracross the streetfish talesshampoo and conditioneramusement parkhotel is in a great locationbeds were comfortablesea wallpre cruisethe room was niceseawall blvdcruise terminalconsprosrefrigeratorgulfstrand
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel is in pretty good condition and relatively new looking. Has some very nice rooms, hallways, lobby, pool and gym. The hotel is located directly across from the beach on Seawall Drive and there is a carnival pier right in front of the hotel for something to do. Clean and well kept rooms, great atmosphere and attractive area.
Didn't like our room as it was an accessible type and the hotel front desk quickly changed me to another room that I liked a lot and without any attitude. That is always impressive as she was very busy at the time checking people in.
This place is well worth the small price to stay here and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Larry8241
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Four Points pre-cruise, and when I cruise out of Galveston this is now the first hotel I check for price and availability. I've stayed in several Galveston hotels, but most of the places I'd prefer do not allow one night stays over the weekend, which limits my selection.

The Four Points is comparatively new, and suffers from less "tiredness" that some of the other hotel seem to show. The location can't be beat. You're w/in walking distance to several restaurants and bars, including the refurbished Pleasure Pier. I don't know if they still offer free cruise parking, but on my last stay earlier this year they asked if I'd like to leave my car while I was gone. I had already booked parking elsewhere but I'll use this in the future.

The hotel is nice. Nothing overly luxurious but a good solid establishment. There were a few stand out efficient and friendly employees and some who just went through the motions. The bathrooms were small, but since I was going on a cruise, they were spacious compared to what I was going to be using so I was fine w/ the size. The beds were SO comfortable. The rooms were clean and had everything we needed and were sufficiently spacious. We didn't use the pool but there is a small one on premises. I wish they had more balcony rooms (I understand there are maybe 3 balconies in the larger suite type rooms).

I enjoyed my stay there and this coming March, 6 of us are again booked pre-cruise. I'd probably stay there just for the proximity to various food/drink venues. Oh and the comfy beds.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here on business; switched over from the Courtyard Marriott.
In a bald comparison, the Courtyard is of course a much nicer hotel, but the Four Points holds its own. It's located near a ton of restaurants and bars on the water as well as Pleasure Pier, it has free beer tasting in the lobby bar for local brews, and the rooms are comfortable.

THE HOTEL--
Lobby: quite a few sofas/easy chairs; there's a bar/restaurant at the entrance but shares the lobby atmosphere
General decor: simple but tasteful
Bathrooms: clean, a little small, regular towels
Beds: standard, pillows are a little too soft
Temp control: wall unit
Amenities: generic shampoo/conditioner on a shower wall mount, good lotion, double outlet by the bed, coffeemaker, full length mirror in the wardrobe
Room Service: yes! food is just okay, but it's nice to have the option.
Service: excellent... even people bringing room service are very pleasant and helpful
Gym: not bad for a small hotel
Internet: weak signal; it took forever to get it to ask me for the password (15-20 minutes) and it was really slow so I wound up using my mifi

EXTRA STUFF--
PROS:
The hotel is just across the street from the beach so you can go out for a stroll/run. And, as mentioned above, free beer tasting.
CONS:
My keys stopped working twice in one week, but that might've been due to anything. They also failed to mention that the main road would be closed off for a carnival type thing so you just had to do a big circle and try to find a way in to the hotel through the back side.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank luiabooya
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our first time to Galveston and I was worried I would pick a dump or the beach would be horrible! For once I picked a decent place with the Pleasure Pier, beach and Murdocs right across the street! Hotel was comfortable and had some wear due to TONS of people using the place. It was a bit humid and with the doors constantly opening and closing it won't be super cool in the lobby/hallways! There's going to be some sand, the beach is right across the street! The staff was super nice. We had an issue with our shower and it was fixed within an hour! A/C was normal noise wise. The beds were supersoft and one of these days I will buy the down blanket they use on their beds! Talk about sleeping wrapped in a cloud! Loved it! We did eat a quick breakfast on our morning of departure of cereal and muffins. The girl helping us was very friendly and fun to talk with.

We enjoyed the location, close to many things and so much to keep you busy! I was so worried about all the bad reviews I read. I experienced none of the things people are complaining about. Well, sand, humidity and a small pool but what do you expect in te as bu the beach??? Some of the negative reviews were not even worth my time worried about. The only thing I was not too happy with was the price but it's the beach and my first trip there so I didn't mind too much!

Room Tip: There is only two or three rooms that have a true beach view. Our room looked at a big red wall! We didn't spend much time in the room anyway so it didn't matter!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Prefer the San Luis but many of the hotels were booked for Halloween weekend. Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was very comfortable, but the air conditioner was one of those window jobs and it was loud when it turned on. This hotel has no pool. It was all right and then I saw a cockroach on the wall. Probably will not be back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RonaldWB
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the good comments and the areas of concern. We will address these two issues immediately. I am very sorry that you had to deal with the a/c unit and other items. Please contact me at the hotel on the main number. I will be more than happy to speak with you.