“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points By Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Prefer the San Luis but many of the hotels were booked for Halloween weekend. Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was very comfortable, but the air conditioner was one of those window jobs and it was loud when it turned on. This hotel has no pool. It was all right and then I saw a cockroach on the wall. Probably will not be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RonaldWB
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the good comments and the areas of concern. We will address these two issues immediately. I am very sorry that you had to deal with the a/c unit and other items. Please contact me at the hotel on the main number. I will be more than happy to speak with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights using 14,000 Starwood points and am regretting it. The only plus was that it was across the street from the beach. Other than that.... Let's start with the carpeting in the halls & rooms. Filthy, stained and just plain gross. Does not look like it has been steam cleaned ever. The a/c in the halls did not work half the time, which made them hot, muggy and smelly. The pool is small and the towels are cheap, thin and falling apart. You also get to hear cars wizzing by, so no privacy or noise barrier. $8 for a continental breakfast (coffee & a muffin)?? We went to Miller's, which for $8, got a full breakfast and a drink. Now the room. Our room faced out overlooking Wendy's parking lot and dumpsters. I noticed as soon as we walked in that the carpets had not been steam cleaned in quite some time (nasty, gross stains), as well as stains and marks all around the bed-skirts. The a/c sounded like an airplane was getting ready for takeoff in our room. The walls were full of black marks, stains, and chunks of missing plaster. The ceiling above the window appeared to have had water damage and a not-so-great patch job was done (see pics below). When I called to comment on all of these, I was informed that they could move us to a different room (no guarantees that it was any better than the first one and that my account would be credited 1,000 points). I asked if any rooms faced the ocean and was told no. In fact there are rooms that face the ocean, but these are junior suites. This hotel was definitely not worth losing 7,000 points a night and am very disappointed that I wasted so many points on such disappointing stay. I should have looked at the reviews more closely and found a nicer, cleaner hotel. Won't be going back to this Sheraton again and it has put a sour taste in my mouth about Starwood in general.

Room Tip: Unless you book a junior suite, there really are no good room tips
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I appreciate the feedback and comments. Although not every room has a view of the beach the real thing is just across the street. Many people hang out at the pool that has a view and can even hear the waves. We clean carpets frequently but with normal wear and tear it is a continuous effort. All it takes is one person to spill the coffee or wine and presto. I agree that the bed skirt should have been discarded and that room not even used until the ceiling was fixed. That is my fault and I am embarrassed that you experienced that. We are better than that and we should have moved you sooner. My apologies and if you would please contact me anything at the hotel. I would like to speak with you.
Cypress, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A place that seem to be plain but with comfortable beds,clean room, nice service upfront, although they don't offer breakfast as a compliment, they charge for it, fair enough ,but it should be a better selection of food for what they are charging ,I did not care for the server the lock of service put a little bad taste in my mouth considering that it wasn't that many customer having breakfast at the time ,but beside that, the rest was pretty good considering that the location is a plus to anyone who choose to stay here!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid 302 ,because the AC right outside the door is like a walking freezer ,also it seem to b...
Green Features: Definitely a positive thing to do wish more hotels will star to implement the same.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for the great feedback. Like all comments I receive we act on them and make improvements whenever possible. We are never comfortable with just being average. We want to be the best and feedback like this does help us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is not nice, and the staff is rude. Save your hard earned money and treat yourself to a different Galveston hotel. We saw some nice places. They where painting, the rooms smelled like bleach, and the AC sounded like a jet engine

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kicc39
My sincere apologies for your disappointing visit. I see that this is your first review on Tripadvisor and hope you get positive reviews in the future. Yes we are busy repairing, improving, and refurbishing the property. Everything from the pool area, hallways, carpets, rooms, and HVAC are all getting attention. Being a 24/7 operation we do have to do it. I invite you to return to see the difference.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

If going to Galveston you must try this hotel, wonderful staff in the lounge Holly is amazing and very informative. Sales is prompt and will come through for your group or business needs. We will stay no where else but here going forward. Thanks Marilyn, Gilbert g.m. and Holly for a very memorable PERFECT Star!

Cindi Turn

Room Tip: High Floor for view of beach
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much and look forward to your next visit with us. It was a pleasure serving you.
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were last here a couple of years ago and it has certainly gone downhill since then. It is showing signs of wear. Of course the location is great, right across from the beach, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby as well as the Pleasure Pier. The beds are still very comfortable. But I think the place has started penny pinching. There were no toiletries in the room, just not-very-nice dispensers in the shower. I had to call and ask for a shower-cap as I didn't think I needed to bring one. I also had to ask for tea-bags and cream as it didn't look like these had been restocked in the room. We were put off by a big noisy group in the bar, so noisy that I could hardly hear the receptionists speak, although of course this was not the hotel's fault. The receptionists were very pleasant and helpful. It would be nice to have complimentary bottles of water in the room and some kind of continental breakfast, but there were neither of these.

1 Thank gertie84
I am very disappointed that you did not have a o excuse, but I admit we are nearly complete in getting back to a first class facility as far as the building is concerned. I have shared your feedback as to your housekeeping stayover service was not up to par. It is standard to restock the coffee/tea service and water every day of your stay. I would like to invite you back to visit us again.
HOUSTON, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were visiting Galveston and chose the Four Points again. One big change since my last review was the opening of the "Pleasure Pier" which is basically just down the block. Very convenient if that is on your agenda. The staff was pleasant and helpful and we were upgraded to a suite overlooking the beach. You can't complain about that. We had plenty of room and we slept well although we did notice a regular knocking in the night which might have been some equipment in the hall but not overly annoying. Since parking for the pleasure pier is sometimes a problem, they gave us a "ticket" to identify our car. Our stay was brief but pleasurable.

Room Tip: Most rooms offer a glimpse of the beach but that is all
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your visit and feedback. As you are a seasoned traveler we really appreciate the great comments. You have plenty to compare to us and when we do well it means something.