On the plus side the hotel is right on the beach and was the least expensive thing we could find at the last second for a Saturday night (best rate with breakfast was significantly cheaper than their "best rate".) The room was nice, clean, and well airconditioned (a huge plus in my book when temps are 100+ and I can't sleep when I am hot).
We requested early check in at 1pm at the time of booking and despite the fact that when we arrived a little before 1pm and the person attempting to check in in front of us was told no rooms (of their type) were available they had our room ready to go! We really appreciated that.
The hallway and elevators however amassed tons of sand and water from dripping people coming back from the beach. It would have been really nice to have a place outside to rinse the sand off so it didn't get tracked all over the hotel.
And though the hotel is on the beach few if any rooms actually have a beach view. The rooms are perpendicular to the beach leaving you with spectacular views of the trashy Wendys parking lot. In addition it's almost directly across the street from Murdoch's and a granite jetty so to find nice scenic open beach to swim and play you need to walk half a mile or so which doesn't sound bad, but when you are toting two young children and all their crap back and forth it gets pretty tiring after a while.
The airconditioner fan was also insanely loud - so loud that we had to crank the t.v. way up to be able to hear it for the 20 minutes we tried to watch it as we were getting ready to go. On the bright side we never heard any of our neighbors coming, going, talking, banging, etc., even though the rooms were occupied.
Our biggest disappointment however was with their breakfast. They had way too few wait staff and service was ridiculously slow. In addition our food for 4 came out in 2 seperate orders almost 15 minutes apart. When the first set came out the waitress brought some muffins we didn't order and said something incoherent. We assumed she said "complimentary" as only half our food came out and another table nearby with young children had some also. When the bill came however we were charged $5 for two muffins that we didn't even order. And the waitress' comment was "Well, you ate them!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, Four Points by Sheraton Galveston is near the beach and Pleasure Pier, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Moody Gardens, Strand Historic District, and Grand 1894 Opera House Free parking only applies for guest. (none parking facility) If vehicle is left for cruise parking the charge is $40.00 for 5 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Galveston Hotel Galveston
- 4 Points By Sheraton Galveston