We reserved a ocean view room. Half the view was obstructed by the roof of another part of the hotel. But that really didn't matter since the windows were so darn dirty (see pic). Had I been able to open them, I would have cleaned them myself. Oh and this was before hurricane Alex. Another issue with this hotel is regarding the maintenance, see pic of the shower. Also no mini-bar in room.
Positives: pool area ok, draft beer at pool for a reasonable $4.50, free access to computer, Internet and printing.
Would I stay here again, probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston