We stayed one night at the Galvez before departing on the Carnival Ecstacy - we have stayed at the Galvez once before, but back in the late 1990's - loved it then and they are currently going thru a major renovation - we splurged and booked one of their one-bedroom suites (8th floor - there were only three suites on this floor - ours, one other one bedroom and the presidentail suite) you also had a large TV/living area on the floor and a full size pool table!
The room was udated nicely, everything new and in working order, great A/C, fabulous views - 37" flat panel TV in both living room and bedroom and a nice jaccuzi tub/shower in the large bathroom and the views from the windows were spectacular.
We arrived at 3:45pm and told our room was not ready due to three weddings the night before, so we had an early glass of wine at the bar - pleasant staff - by 5pm they called and our room was ready - we ordered room service later that evening and got several appetizers including a nice wine/fruit and cracker platter that wasn't on the menu but they offered to put one together at our request - fabulous!
We worked out in the fitness center before checking out and heading to the cruise terminal - GREAT fitness center - lots of updated cardio and weight machines along with free weights as well - well done!
Can't say enough about this hotel - classy, historic, comfortable and elegant - we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston