We got married at the Galvez in September 2009. We love the Galvez, especially the architecture and decor.
Wedding: Absolutely perfect! Cannot think of a single negative aspect. Everything went as planned, the catering manager and chef were great to work with as were all the people working the night of our wedding.
Room: Our suite was very nice, decorated tastefully, very spacious, nice views, quiet. No complains
Service: Awesome... Reception, Bar, Pool, Catering Manager etc were professional and friendly.
Food: Very good. We ate lunch at the pool and had the Sunday Brunch and all was good. The food served at our wedding was amazing.
Pool: Great! We like it much better then the partying pool down the street.
Fitness Center: Really good - above average for hotels.
All in all, we love the Galvez and plan on going back soon. It's a little pricey but well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston