An unforgettable spot filled with ambiance and romance! This gem is simply one of those places you can't just find someplace else. It is historical, opulent, and has top notch in service. Unless they removed all original walls, they couldn't add size etc to rooms, but they are ample and quality. So rooms are not a five.
Location is interesting. This isn't a review of Galveston, but the hotel is billed as a beachfront package so I'll speak to that. Don't look for white sand and clear water. Water is usually clean, but has a grainy soot-like (forgot name for it) feel off and on and usually there is a brown appearance to water. This happens because of sand kicking up and mixing, I think from Mississippi River flow or some crud like that. Depending on season and conditions, the water can feel chunky and not be very fun to dip toes into. So if you have a choice of when to go, ask hotel when water is expected to me more calm and clear.
Back to hotel itself, you need a car if you're staying here. Even though island is small, there are some areas to avoid that are near the hotel. You want to know where they are.
If you are going to Galveston anyway and can afford something special, I highly recommend it. Must see downtown and the Great Storm museum/presentations. Incredible American history!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston