I chose this hotel because of the location by the seawall and also the on-site parking. I was satisfied, but was surprised at how tiny the room was - I had a king bed and there were 2 straight chairs (no padding) and no drawers at all to store clothing in - I stayed 8 days, so it was difficult living out of my suitcases for that whole time.
I did get a wonderful massage at the spa, and I felt very safe while I was there. They wouldn't give me points toward my Wyndham traveler card because I didn't book with them directly. I saved enough money by booking thru expedia that I guess it doesn't matter, but that kind of made me think about ever staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston