Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Scottish Inn(Galveston)
$87
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
$135
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$155
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$263
  • Pool
$179
$143
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
4,269 results
All reviewsghost tourrooms are smallbeautiful historic hotelswim up barcity viewacross the streetpool areaself parkingpleasure piercorner roomvalet servicehotel restaurantking bedgulf of mexicosea wallbrunchmelissa
Reviewed October 30, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spent four days in the off season in this beautiful hotel. Booked a suite. Lovely room, although it appeared a little tired. Nice bar and good looking restaurant on premises. As it was the off season, I was disappointed with the service I had expected for a hotel of this stature. The pool area was beautiful, but there was no service, no one to provide mats for the lounge chairs despite it being beautiful and 81F. No food or drink service. The manager said that they do not provide that during the week, off season. Unfortunately, had I known that the service would have been reduced, I would have chosen somewhere else to stay. Spa is typically overpriced and not very inviting. There are free bikes that the hotel offers which is a nice amenity. The location is a good 15 minute walk to the Strand and Post Office Streets where the best restaurants and shops are. The hotel is not really on the water as advertised. One must cross a busy four lane road, and the suite rooms overlook a very run down neighborhood. Only the one bedrooms have a view. The showers in the bathrooms are very nice with both a rainfall and standard head. So, overall, this is not a bad place, but if you are looking for first class service, then call ahead and make sure that they are offering all the amenities that they advertise, ahead of your trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rmarcg

Thank you for your comments on your stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. Sorry about the inconvenience regarding the pool, but as our manager mentioned, the pool grill and bar is only open on weekends during our off season. The hotel's spa is very popular and is the only spa on the island that offers bamboo massage. We hope that you gave it a try and we also hope that you experience our Sunday Brunch. It's touted as one of the best brunches in the U.S. by Open Table users.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is lovely and the staff appear to enjoy their jobs with friendly smiles and helloes. You can imagine ladies in 1910 to 20's elegance and bathing suites. The basement has a history time line which I found very interesting. Piano music in the lobby in the evening was great for drinks and coffee. We were very disappointed in the bread pudding. It was dry and burned requiring a request for whipped topping. Food in restaurant otherwise ok. Breakfast potatoes were really good. My mother and grandson raved about the Texas French Toast. Now I did not like the Valet service. You can not use a luggage cart to move your own luggage- safety I guess would be the excuse. I paid a valet to take my luggage to my room. We went to the beach. Two hours later it was brought to my room by a different person-another tip. When leaving one person picked up my luggage, I tipped and went to the gift shop. Returning my luggage was not loaded,a different person then began to load my luggage--another tip. They have a great system, it was so obvious I really did not like it. I tipped well each first time, each second time I was very irritated. My mother loved the spa. She felt the pedicure was the best she ever had. She had a mineral bath and the tub had 120 jets which helped her muscle spasms.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the Gulf...wow the water was like blue glass for two days. One day there were about 50 sail boats in the gulf. I would go for an ocean view again. My mother has a difficult time walking so I requested a room by an elevator. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bootlegger77
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. We are thrilled that your Mother enjoyed her services at The Spa and you generally enjoyed the restaurant. Aside from the issues that you mentioned with valet, we hope that you had a wonderful visit. We'll make sure that our valet management is aware. Thanks again and please stay with us soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family