The hotel is beautiful from the outside. The rooms are too small, The ocean view isnt much of a view. They told me when I called the hotel prior to reserving it that I would be able to hook a playstion up to the TV (this is a major factor) I explained the importance of this and was assured I could. I get to the hotel and call the front desk for some help on the TV only to speak with Raul about 9pm at night to get a smartass remark about how I should of known I couldnt because of the policy. There is no policy anywhere stating this. Apparently, this hotel is more worried about a possible movie rental then a returning customer. The hotel sits acrosss the street from probably the most horrific beach front in the area, a 40 yard swimming area. I actuall went down to the holiday inn's beach front to get some sun... very much alive there and was disappointed having to walk that far after paying for this hotel. Overall this vacation was wasted, my son had nothing to do at night, the pool closed at 10pm. Cant figure out for the life of me why they close a gated pool down for vactioners at all. No lifeguards during the day and none at night, so still wrapping my head around why they close it. The hot tub sucks when turned on only a 1/4 of the tub bubbles up.
Will never return to this place, I have been vacationing for 30 years and never came across such a beautiful property with the absolute worst customer service...do not pick this place soley on pictures, trust me that is what I did and you have been warned
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston