My wife and I spent the weekend there and thoroughly enjoyed it. We drove down from Dallas and had a couples massage when we arrived. We made a reservation for the massage, in advance and it was worth it!
The hotel is close to restaurants and The Strand.
We spent 2+ hours by the pool, late Saturday afternoon. There is a bar at the pool.
We did eat Sunday brunch at the hotel restaurant, Bernardo's. This is a champagne brunch and a really good buffet. I recommend the French toast and the bacon in particular.
As Sandy remarked on our way back to Dallas, it was only a weekend but it felt like a vacation. We will definitely be back at the Galvez again.
Duncan & Sandy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston