Expected much more for a $320 room. Just wasn't anywhere near worth it.
Parking is on the next block, with only front door hotel entry, and bell hops in the door
like bridge trolls wanting $17.50 to go get your vehicle.
Beds were comfortable. Very quiet. Cold air. Good sleeping.
Polished marble floors in bathroom are pretty, but very dangerous for slips when feet are wet.
$15 breakfast was overpriced. Go to IHop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston