“Great place to stay.”

Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Despite a mix-up in our accomodations, our stay was great. I called both the main reservation line and the front desk to see they had any 2 bed suites before I placed my reservation. I was told by both that the king, 2-room suite had two beds. I was contacted by a manager about an hour before our arrival to see if we needed any reservations & I found that the room did not have 2 beds She was able to give us 2 rooms for the same price and even had a bottle of wine & a cheese/fruit plate in our room along with an apology note for the inconvenience.

The spa and spa staff were wonderful. The beds & hotel accomodations were great. We did not dine onsite, but the concierge was extremely helpful in recommending other restaurants and activities. Being an old hotel, the lack of a service elevator made the stairs faster, since it was often used by hotel staff.

We had not been to Galveston, which has had a tough recovery from hurricane Ike. From what we have heard, it appears that things are starting to come to life and businesses are begining to build back up. Lots of new construction. It is kind of a "Redneck Riviera", but the Hotel Galvez made it a much more upscale experience.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recommend this hotel. The staff was excellent, the hotel and room was spotless. I didn't give the room an excellent rating because the room i was in was very small. Two full size beds barely fit between the walls. You had space to get around the bed but only for one person. Maybe it was just my room. Also, a pity the windows are nailed shut. The ocean view was about 4 feet wide (old hotel). It would have been nice to hear and breathe the ocean. A bit pricey on weekends when it's $350 per night for such a small ocean view room. During the week, it's $100 cheaper.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Room was small, as well as, small bathroom--sitting chair and what was used as a desk not very conducive for sitting or working--

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was very clean! Loved the shower! Valet was excellent. Would like to stay for a longer visit next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The only thing that I would change is the hours of the Pool Area Bar on weekends. Make them longer. I didn't realize the bar area closed at 9pm and while we were swimming around 9:15 I asked for a drink at the pool area bar and they said they couldn't serve me since the pool bar closed at 9pm.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

What an Awesome Property, and Amazing Service this hotel provides! Being a Wyndham Reward Member really pays off! This was my first time at the Galvez, because for 15 years or mor, I have been in love with their sister property, The Tremont House! I would highly reccomemend the Hotel Galvez, for anyone who wants history, ambiance, elegance, charm, and great hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We loves our stay. I was there with my husband with BNSF and enjoyed our stay! So I brought my daughter and a friend a few Weeks later and they loves it. My daughter commented to me that she felt safe. It made me happy. My husband felt better knowing that we were safe! Thank you so much for providing a safe and fun environment!!