“The best spa experience of my life, bar none.....”

Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have been to the spa at The Galvez twice now. I was not disappointed either time. Before The Galvez, the best spa experience I had ever had was at The Houstonian. I think the atmosphere and the staff are far superior at The Galvez. Today Ennid and Sonjia took amazing care of me. I could not have been more pleased. This is an annual pilgrimage that my best friend and I make. We intend to continue this tradition for years to come.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank martipits
WyndhamGalveston, General Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. Yes, the Hotel Galvez Spa is consistently rated the best spa on the island most recently rated so by Islander Magazine and Galveston.com. Please come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,069)

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a great Hotel to stay in, but even if you don't, the beaches across from the Hotel are some of the best in Galveston and you can tour the lobby to catch a glimpse of this fine Hotel!

Room Tip: Any room the faces the shore!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Thank Brendan and Mar... B
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Recently had occasion to spend my first night at The Galvez, the queen of Galveston Island. It's pricey, but worth a splurge. I took a city view room, to be economical, but the desk clerk, enjoying my enthusiasm, gave me an upgrade on that side. The room was spacious with a huge window from which I could see all the amazing historical Victorian homes, and the cruise ship at dock. The bathroom had an enormous glass and tile shower with two sources of water, and very nice upscale toiletries. I ordered room service for breakfast. When it was 20 min. late, I called, and they delivered it in 5 min., gratis. I was in no hurry anyway. Had a wonderful sleep, and enjoyed a winter walk along the seawall. Convenient to anywhere in Galveston.
In the basement is a fascinating museum of the hotel from the early 1900s to the present, and many aspects of historic Galveston. The lobby is very beautiful, with the feel of an old fashioned seaside resort.

Room Tip: Gulf facing rooms are nice, but there are no balconies, and I liked my upgraded city facing room ver...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanda C
WyndhamGalveston, General Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Thank you for visiting and for your review. Sounds like my staff upgraded you to one of our spa inspired ClearAir rooms. These are our nicest rooms on the upper floor of the hotel with great views. Please come back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was a quick getaway for my wife and I at the end of the summer. We were pleasantly surprised by both the service and the amenities this historic hotel had to offer. The hotel was thoroughly clean and the architecture was majestic. The pool was medium in size but very nice and clean which is of utmost importance for us. Every single staff we encountered gave us the 5 star treatment, from the valet, the desk clerk, spa attendants, wait staff, and the pool side tenders. Our room was a decent size and nicely decorated with clean comfortable sheets for an extremely large bed. The bathroom was a bit narrow but functional. We also took advantage of the spa at the hotel, and even though I have never had the pleasure the facilities here were beyond my expectation to be honest I did not want to leave. Being a male I was the only one in the male locker room and it felt like heaven. Big screen TV with the sports channel on and nothing to where but my robe. Fortunately for me they were okay with me staying as long as I wanted. I almost made a huge mistake in turning down the complimentary champagne they provide since I am not a champagne type of guy, but let me tell you it was divine. All in all it was a spectacular experience we definitely got more than we paid for and can't wait to book our return for a quick 2 day getaway.

Room Tip: We called the Wyndham 877-999-3223 number and got lucky with a representive who helped us get a disc...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chaoticrash
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is one of the best parts of being in Galveston. We were delighted with every aspect of this hotel, from its early 20th century (now nicely remodeled) beauty to its delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 12, 2012

An historic hotel with charm. We spent an overnite there from Houston. The first room we had was terrible, small and noisy due to repairs of the AC right outside our window. However, when we asked to be relocated, the management quickly responded with a large corner room on an upper floor and a $40 breakfast coupon! If you love nostalgia this it it!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on an upper floor. The hotel is overdue for a renovation and hopefully Wyndham...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the second room. Yes, some of our rooms are small due to the historic nature of the hotel - rooms were smaller 100 years ago. The smaller rooms, while still very functionable are our least expensive so if you are looking for a larger room try our spa inspired, ClearAir rooms with an ocean view. Sorry about the air conditioning noise- we were doing some upgrades to a roof top unit but glad my staff made it right for you.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at the Galvez over Christmas. Had a wonderful stay. Great service, great staff, great food. The Hotel out did themselves on their Christmas Brunch! The Holet presented an amaizing variety of dishes for any diners enjoyment, and every dish was delicious! IF anyone wishes to be pampered and appreciated, the Hotel Galvez is a good destination for which to choose as a stay.
Travel around Galveston and see wood carvings from trees damaged by Hurricane Ike.
Eat at several great restaurants in the area! Take a ferry ride (free) to Port Bolivr) see how the residents are rebuilding. Drive over to see Seawolf Park (costs to visit). See the A&M Universities ship used for edicuation.if it's docked? Visit Moody Gardens.

Room Tip: Good views of the gulf from front of hotel,. Other side of hotel has city views and in distance dock...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGalveston, General Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am so glad you had a good holiday stay. Our Sunday Brunch is quite popular as is our Holiday Brunch which we serve on Easter, Mothers' Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I hope you come back soon for another taste of great food and hospitality.