Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Scottish Inn(Galveston)
$87
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$179
ComfortInn
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$135
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$263
$227
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
$176
  • Pool
$173
$143
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
4,267 results
All reviewsghost tourrooms are smallbeautiful historic hotelswim up barcity viewacross the streetpool areaself parkingpleasure piercorner roomvalet servicehotel restaurantking bedgulf of mexicosea wallbrunchmelissa
Reviewed April 11, 2011

It was a nice hotel but not worth the price. We were on the 4th floor and the ice maker would rattle so loud at least once every night it woke us up. The heating/cooling stysem was noisy and didn't work that well. Very nice pool area. If you don't need it don't let them give you a wheelchair accessible room. Great if your in a wheelchair but horrible bathroom if your not. Consists of shower, toilet and sink all in one room. Not great if you have a small child.

Room Tip: Stay away from 4th floor ice maker
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank csmom525
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here one night. I would not have stayed a second without requesting another room. The room I stayed in was noisy. It sounded like a vacuum cleaner was running in the room next door. At first I thought it was the air conditioning, so I turned it completely off and turned off all the lights and bathroom switches, but it was still very noisy. I walked around my room to see if I could determine what was causing the loud noise but had no success. It was not the ice maker or the coke machine. So it may have been that my room was next to a central duct or something. Whatever it was, I used the TV to drown it out. I would stay here again if I could be in a room that did not suffer from the same problem. Room 317.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
WyndhamGalveston, General Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thanks for staying with us and please accept my apologies for the noise in your room. I appreciate the tip and think we have figured out what caused the noise. If you want to contact me directly I would be happy to do something to make this up to you. Sorry again about the noise. 409-765-7721.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

We've been coming here for years. The Hotel is always improving and adding services. The Spa is first rate, book the Hot Stone Massage with Amy. Loved the renovated rooms and the lovely pool, even heated at night! I would love to see a larger bar/casual dining area in the lobby as a consideration for the future.

A great weekend retreat. We enjoyed people watching with two weddings the Saturday evening we were there.

We ate at the Mosquito Cafe on 14th Street two times and really enjoyed the food and casual, neighborhood atmosphere.

Room Tip: The island view is very nice..I think its better!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2011

First Impression of our room was, it is really small, and city view isn't something to be excited about! If you think you are going to get a look at a nice looking city you will be disappointed, so spend the extra money on a ocean view!

The rooms are very small, the showers are awesome and the king size bed, I wanted to take with me! They have a nice flat screen tv, but the pic quality wasn't HD, but that is ok, we weren't there to watch tv!

Found out that the Hotel was Haunted and it could explain a lot of weird things that happened in our room!

I am not one to believe in ghost or paranormal activity, but I believe they happen at the Galvez, didn't find the activity to be threatening!

This is a awesome hotel, with a lot of history and all the staff have stories of ghost and unexplained activity that goes on at the hotel!

If you are afraid of paranormal activity don't stay on the 5th floor!

Food and drinks are very pricey, but there a several good restruants and liquor stores :-)
I will return!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This hotel is gorgeous and elegant. The room had beautiful view of the courtyard and the Gulf. The service and food was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple