I stayed in room 558 on March 21-23. The staff was great; most notably, the front desk clerk and a young valet parking attendant. The lobby, especially, had old-world charm. My room had a small window with a view of the Gulf. Bed linens and toiletries were luxurious. If you are parking your own car, be aware that the garage is a block away. Not really a problem. The one fault was with the room's functionality. It was simply not at all functional. The only dresser did not have drawers large enough to hold clothing; there were only two, and they were only 2 or 3 inches high. Because this dresser/computer desk was located at the end of the bed, the chair wouldn't fit in front of the pull-out computer shelf; it had to be moved from the built-in shelf that held the coffeemaker, which was located across the room, whenever I wanted to use my computer. Not a great distance away, as the entire room, including bathroom was only 300 sq. feet, but a nuisance. The television was located on top of the dresser and faced the bed. It could only be seen while in bed; the only upholstered chair was around a corner and back 6 or 7 feet. So, although the room had everything for a comfortable stay, the layout just didn't work for all functional purposes.
Despite it all, I did appreciate the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The location was great for access to local restaurants and the beach. However, I don't think I'd stay here again due to the functionality issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston