“Loud, Gaudy, but a Lot of Fun and Delicious Hamburgers”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #2 of 22 Quick Bites in Galveston
Reviewed August 27, 2018

When I walked in immediately knew the word Joynt described the place to a tee. There was every type of decorative trinket on all the walls and hanging from the ceiling. When you adjust to the loud music and catch the vibe it is a genuine fun place. The menu has a lot of choices but I was hungry for a hamburger. I can honestly say, there were more different types of hamburgers on this menu than on any I'd ever seen. We were a party of three and after looking over the menu, two of us went traditional and ordered the All American and another member of our party tried the Mediterranean. The All-American had a large patty that was cooked medium and juicy, cheese, onions, greens, and the most delicious homemade pickles. The bun was toasted and was large enough you had to open wide to et a bite. Each bite was delicious, the meat was tender and moist, the greens were fresh, and again the homemade pickles were the best. My friend that got the Mediterranean said his had artichokes, kalmata olives, feta cheese, red peppers and a sauce that was different than anything he had tasted before. His final judgement was that eating the Mediterranean burger was a gastronomical experience. The burgers were served with your choice of potatoes. The only disappointment with the meal was that the sweet potato fries were not freshly done and were barely warm. Even with that small glitch it was still a fun visit and the hamburgers were delicious. The next time you want to spice up your dining while just having a good time give the Gypsy Joynt a try, I guarantee you it will be an experience you won't soon forget.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

We had six people ahead of us when we ordered, and yet the wait for our first dish was over forty minutes. Four of us ordered together, but one of the dishes was brought out twenty minutes before two others, and the fourth dish came ten minutes after those. The food was mediocre and lacked flavor. Furthermore, it only required simple preparation (chili on a bun, a plain chicken quesadilla, etc), which made the long wait all the more confusing. The atmosphere is very chaotic, and the service left something to be desired. Overall it was definitely a two star experience. I would not recommend this to anyone else.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

had macaroni and cheese 2 times.. got very ill. Not sure what happened.? hope sanitary conditions are done.. hard to mess this up.. 3 of us got sick off this dish..

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

A local recommended and this place did not disappoint!! It was lively and packed but service was exceptional and always with a smile.
We ventured out and tried one of the Moooo Hashes (??) with the Jerk Chicken. Enough for us to split and only 8.99. It was delicious!
They have daily baked goods and homemade desserts. We opted for the cherry cobbler. They warmed it and it was out of this world!!
Great music too!!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Read the reviews, saw the pictures. Gotta be good. Right? Wrong!
They do indeed serve some unique fare. Got there at about 12:20. Pretty long line. Figured they had it under control. Wrong! One person taking orders...nice lady, just pretty slow. As we look around, we notice all the tables are taken. Hmmm? What do we do. Here is what people do. They circle like vultures, wait to pounce. Seems to work..ok. We quickly spot someone leaving..got it! I place my order...seems easy enough. Hamburger chicken fingers..How tough could that be.

Forty five minutes tough. I paid extra for onion rings. When they came..."Ice cold". How on earth can they be cold? I've waited forever..Now, they do not use buns like other places..one of their specialties I am sure..but the bread is rock hard. had to cut it with knife..sawing through it like a bar in a prison...

Value? well, not really a bargain....$40 for three and no alcohol..about typical...but mediocre really. What do all these folks see that I do not? Beads hanging from the ceiling? Dust traps in my opinion. Did I mention you could see the kitchen prep area? Did I mention the staff not wearing hair coverings? Or the get this..baby on the food prep table. Everyone in there was playing with the infant. Babies are "bug factories". If you've ever been a parent, you know that things come from every orifice of a baby. And its on the table in the food prep area. OK..enough..go at your own peril..