“Awesome”

Lone Star Flight Museum
Ranked #9 of 101 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a large aircraft hangar, this world-class aviation museum features restored aircraft and historic photographs.
Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great place to visit...look at some amazing pieces of machinery up close in cold A/C. Planes from all generations

Visited February 2013

Shreveport LA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautifully restored old warplanes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited the museum because my husband is retired Air Force and he loves airplanes. He really loved seeing the restored aircraft.
They also have some "works in progress".
I think to appreciate this museum you would need to know the history behind the planes. I would recommend this museum to airplane enthusiasts.
The only complaint I have is the young girl who was running the desk acted like we were bothering her by asking questions. It would have been nice to have someone there that actually liked talking about airplanes.

Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Into the Wild Blue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Though it is was really only one participant actively involved it was a family affair love affair of sort. It was Sunday and my wife made surprise arrangement for my 70th birthday. We met at our favorite eatery and as we sat around I began opening my gifts, Cleverly hidden on the 70th page of an airplane book of WWII ships was a "ticket' FOR A RIDE ON a B-17. Boy, was I overwhelmed. The rest of the story...My family, grand kids and all went to Galveston and shared the joy of the flight, The Museum is located at Scholes field and has a huge selection of Military aircraft and a great store for buying models, gear and clothing. The folks there are super too. The day of my Flight there was even one of the few original crew members of a B-17, He was a volunteer who made it all perfect.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Pancake701
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautifully restored and maintained Big Iron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice to see these beautiful examples of what America used to be capable of. Take a look at some of the before & after pictures from Hurricane Ike. This place really got hammered. They flew out nearly everything they could, but the planes left behind got extensively damaged - so did the hanger. Many of the 'fugitive' planes have returned, but not all. They've come a long way, but there is still evidence of the damage. Well worth the visit and any extra support you can give them.

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lone Star Flight Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The museum houses several restored examples of military and civilian aircraft. Many of these planes have been put into flying condition. All reflect on the history of flight and the role these planes played in the various wars affecting our country. The volunteers keeping and rebuilding these planes are owed a debt by all of us.

Visited August 2013