“Not Enough Planes”
Review of Lone Star Flight Museum - CLOSED

Lone Star Flight Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Housed in a large aircraft hangar, this world-class aviation museum features restored aircraft and historic photographs.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is fun for about an hour. There is needing to be more planes to be worth the visit. I would suggest to wait until fall and go to an air show.

There are newer reviews for Lone Star Flight Museum

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by the museum when we were in Galveston for spring break. The first thing that struck me was the cost of admission. I felt that $13 for one adult and one teenager was steep, considering what we got for our money. The museum is set up in 2 adjoining hangers. The museum contains a number of vintage WW2 era planes, all of which appear to be well preserved and maintained. Each plane has a small display plaque that lays out manufacturing history and ownership information for the plane associated with the plaque. As a WW2 history buff, I felt the museum fell short in providing historical background for the planes on display. Such as, what campaign(s) was each plane used in; what were the tactical advantages of the planes on display; what were the successful uses of the planes during the war. Some anecdotal information about the type of plane as well as dogfighting tactics would have greatly enhanced this museum experience. Finally, the staff manning the museum were quite aloof and it seemed their presence at the museum on that say was just another job, and not something they particularly cared about.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved it here. Can get hot in the summer but they do have fans. Very interesting museum and the children will love seeing all the planes.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We moved to Texas from OR where my husband used to take out kids to all the area aviation museums on the weekends. Unfortunately, we don't have those close to us now so when we visited Houston we decided to journey down to Galveston to visit this museum I saw advertised on a billboard :). It was great! Planes in pristine condition, boys and husband like kids in a candy store, it was large, well lit and cool. Very friendly - visitors and staff alike were very happy to educate me on all of the artifacts. Very enjoyable. Good gift shop too. In fact one enters through the gift shop so be careful when entering with kids and shoppers :). We will come back. They also offer rides in select planes they house and I imagine it will be a bday present for one of my kids when they are much older.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to visit! Right by moody gardens and schleterbaun. Cost to see the museum is reasonable and nice little gift shop! You can pay to go up flying in some of the old plans in the hangar that you walk around in. Jus EXTREMLEY EXPENSIVE. But to fly in a piece of airplane history might make the high prices worth it to some people!

1  Thank Byou3112