“Even non aviation enthusiasts can enjoy this one!”
Review of Lone Star Flight Museum - CLOSED

Lone Star Flight Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Housed in a large aircraft hangar, this world-class aviation museum features restored aircraft and historic photographs.
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We moved to Texas from OR where my husband used to take out kids to all the area aviation museums on the weekends. Unfortunately, we don't have those close to us now so when we visited Houston we decided to journey down to Galveston to visit this museum I saw advertised on a billboard :). It was great! Planes in pristine condition, boys and husband like kids in a candy store, it was large, well lit and cool. Very friendly - visitors and staff alike were very happy to educate me on all of the artifacts. Very enjoyable. Good gift shop too. In fact one enters through the gift shop so be careful when entering with kids and shoppers :). We will come back. They also offer rides in select planes they house and I imagine it will be a bday present for one of my kids when they are much older.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to visit! Right by moody gardens and schleterbaun. Cost to see the museum is reasonable and nice little gift shop! You can pay to go up flying in some of the old plans in the hangar that you walk around in. Jus EXTREMLEY EXPENSIVE. But to fly in a piece of airplane history might make the high prices worth it to some people!

1  Thank Byou3112
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Not sure what I was expecting when we visitied but it was a nicely kept dlight museum. Other than the jet outside and the Cobra Attack helicopter inside it is World War 2 era planes.

Everything (except 1) was in fully restored and functioning condition. The planes were all American in origin with the highlight (for me) being the Mustangs and the Hellcat.

It is worth it to drop by and spend an hour or two checking out the planes.

1  Thank Pyker1972
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love planes/flight museums, this was a good find, though in my mind I figured the place would be a bit bigger, still great attraction to visit, adults and children alike! Ah, if I had $ I would definitely go flying in one of their planes.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

A small, but very interesting museum containing a number of primarily WWII military and civil aircraft. No touching or climbing (naturally!), but you can get up close to most aircraft on display. Also a number of detail displays, e.g. gun turrets, engines, etc.