“Not bad at all for an older motel.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Krum, Texas
“Not bad at all for an older motel.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Despite the older appearance outside, I had a decent overnight stay at this older,Rodeway Inn for a lower price than nearby places. With recent renovations, the room was fine; nice brown/blue color scheme, decent furnishings, bed & pillow were comfortable enough, tv (dont recall if it was digital), micro-fridge, hair dryer, alarm clock. The manager at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and fun to chat with. The grounds outside looked fine to me; small pool and spa were clean but it was too cold to use them on this day. I had only one issue of concern; my particular room (133) had a bad, sewer like odor (maybe due to previous toilet problems??)...So I just cranked up the A/C, sprayed cologne around and stayed in that room. I will stay at this motel again but in a different room. :)

Room Tip: Going south on I-35, you need to take the 498B exit and take the first HARD right turn you see whic...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gainesville
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Outside appearance needs lots of cosmetic work, but realize this is an older motel however, and probably not worth the investment to renew it. None the less, it does cast a doubt as to wanting to stay there. I reserved my room online, but had I driven in without a reservation, probably would have gone elsewhere. However, the room was adequate and was comfortable enough, though needed some attention to detail in around the edges of the room that were kind of, missed in sweeping the floor. The alarm clock was down behind the nightstand, by the bed, along with few pens, and very dirty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The motel is located off IS 35 in a quiet area. A bar is close, you can walk to it.
The room was big and has been recently renovated. The bathroom was rather small but sufficient. It was clean inside and the bedding and towels were nice. 2 light bulbs didn’t work and only one small bar of soap and one small shampoo were provided. Although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room there was a cigarette smell.
The outside was not well kept with lots of cigarette butts just outside the door. The pool didn’t look very clean and the hot tub was empty with a plastic chair stuck in it.
A flower bed in the pool area was full of weeds but there was a nice gazebo.
The breakfast area looked also as if it has been recently renovated but breakfast didn’t deserve the name: 2 cereals, bagels and some Danish to choose from.
The receptionists were not exactly friendly, rather distanced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dasreiseteam
Crystal Hill, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are traveling from San Antonio, TX to our home in Virginia after my nephew's USAF graduation. We stopped here for an overnight stay and are thoroughly impressed with the motel.

The room decor is completely up to date with amenities in room. The decor is very tasteful, muted, and comfortable. Even though I-35 is almost right outside, the room is quiet. The beds are very comfy!

Overall, a great stay! This is an older 60's or 70's style motor inn, which is very quaint. With the upgrades, it's a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 126. The pool is in front, and far enough away from the interstate to be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nocona59
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Honestly I am a very tough customer - traveling with 3 kids - I am very picky.. We stayed at the Super 8 a couple years ago and it was disgusting.. We are always on a budget and I refuse to pay a high price for a name of a chain, but the same service and rooms.. We tried this place and we were very happy! The front lobby looked nice, it was recently remodeled.. The smell was a little over powering but do not let that turn you away.. The family running it are very sweet and incredibly helpful.. We only booked one night just in case, but ended up staying another night. The rooms are a pleasant surprise nice dark brown and blue pallet, and the rooms smelled very clean.. I did the full inspection and it was very clean! My only complaints where- no fitted sheets - they just had the flat sheets tucked in- that did allow me to inspect the mattress for bed bugs and the such and it was very clean also.. There was a very distinct pipe outline in one of the drawers - and the ice/pop machine was out of service (probably forever). But I can deal with those things as they really did not effect my stay. The beds where comfy and it smelled and looked clean which is all I need! It also seemed to have pretty thick walls I never heard the neighbors which there where plenty of. I would say go for it - A double bed room only ran us 65.00 plus tax which is cheaper than the nasty ones that Gainesville has that comes with a known name! Oh, and while we did not get to enjoy it due to the date of our travel, the pool looked very NICE and well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Abbott
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will give them credit the room was clean. We go to set the room unit and the dial to set the thermostat was broke. Ladies beware...The toilet was NOT bolted tightly to the floor and rocked around along with the toilet seat that slid out from under neath me. Next came the bath. Kicking back and relaxing sounded good till you turned the hot water on to find it spraying out all over the the handle. You had to cover your hand with a towel to keep from burning your self to shut it of. I took a picture of the hot water faucet, needless to say it was too blurry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Godley, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We didn't want to spend a fortune for a night at Winstar. MISTAKE!!!! The highway construction to get into the hotel should have sent us away but we were determined! We had been looking forward to soaking in the hot tub for hours! Someone had run into and crumbled the support column for the entrance, but the lobby was clean and "efficient". Checked into the room and was pleasantly surprised at cleanliness and appearance. Went back to scope out the hot tub and pool. That is where the eek, comes in. It was disgusting! No water, only trash and what appeared to be seepage in the hot tub. Pool was green. Ok, fine. What do you expect from your 65 bucks. Tried to sleep and the smell of chlorine bleach from the bedding was so strong I was up all night. No rest. Disaster. Will NEVER GO BACK. KEEP DRIVING AND PAY FOR A MORE PLEASANT NIGHT. TRIP ADVISOR. MAKE HOTELS POST CURRENT PHOTOS OR DON'T POST ANY AT ALL. VERY MISLEADING ADVERTISING.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelmom617
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Super 8 Gainesville TX
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!