“Surprisingly AMAZING!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Dallas
“Surprisingly AMAZING!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I'm not sure why some reviewers have given this hotel a poor review based on the breakfast. Really? I have never stayed at a La Quinta, so my expectations were low. This hotel is top notch! The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Everything in the room was very clean when we arrived. We stayed in a suite and it was beautifully furnished and very the beds were very comfortable. Two LCD TV’s, wet bar, mini fridge, and the bathroom was spacious and had beautiful countertops. I didn’t have breakfast so I cannot comment on quality of food served at the restaurant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to or traveling through Gainesville, TX.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
javera1961, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review! It's always nice to hear that we're doing a good job. I'll make sure to pass this information on to our front desk and housekeeping staff. Everyone here does their best to make sure that every guest feels like they are staying in thier own home. Please let your friends know about us. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Cold food.. fly strewn breakfast area..rude front desk people.. small pool... gave me keys to someone elses room... and was like "oophs my bad" .. when I called down after breakfast... what I got was a lackadasical rude front desk.
Their hundred percent guarntee is apparently only worth 50 percent as their only willing to refund one night out of two.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
dallas
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I stayed there because Winstar hotel was too expensive. I got there around 3 or 4 in the afternoon on a Friday and didn't have to wait that long to get checked in. The room seemed nice and had a flat screen tv with HBO. My only complaint about the room was the odd noises that came from the pipes. It sounded like some kind of train whistle. The hotel isn't too far from
Winstar. It was a five minute drive to get there.
Cons:
1. The pool is VERY small. It's indoors and only 4 feet deep.
2. The breakfast wasn't good. They watered down the orange juice. If you stay there, I would suggest going somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2010

this is our second stay here ,we like this hotel because it is in a good location ,and has a real breakfast and equally important is that accepts you and you pets and has turf around it well cared for and has a very courteous staff

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OrlandoP
Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My husband and I decided to stop and relax after a 2 day ordeal at the Oklahoma city VA. We love the automatic doors since my husband is a disbled vet. The front desk, very polite and they are pet friendly. Only thing, was convencing my pet to go into the elevator. They are smoke friendly as well since my husband is a smoker and the va has tried to help him stop. Never took advantage of the breakfast;however I have never been disappointed with them. I was a Hampton Inn,Holiday Inn, and Best Western Inn manager for many years. This is my choice when I can not stay at a Hampton. We went to the cassino and won so it made for a good trip. Its really hard to get to and not much of a way to get to eating places except Applebee. I would recommend it anyway because of the cleaniness and people.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grandmasweetie
Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2010

The A/C would not turn on, the heater worked fine. We called the front desk, and they said "oh yeah the AC does not work in that room, we didnt think you would need it since it has been cold outside recently". So they do not care enough about their customers to warn them of a major problem. That is crooked business and will be reported to the BBB. The temp never dropped below 78 in the room, even with the window open, allowing very noisy road sounds. Plus, they were booked to capacity and could not offer us another room! We asked for a fan 3 times, they never called us back and never brought a fan. We did not sleep because the room was too hot. The manager was extremely rude and elusive. He was not there that night, nor the following day, and when he finally called us back 2 days later, would not admit to us that the AC was broken when we stayed. He questioned our ability to operate an A/C control unit!!! He claims the AC was fixed the prior week and that it worked when we left! AC control units are very simple to use, and I'm not an idiot, this guy is a liar trying to cover his tracks for conducting crooked business.

Also: milk in the refrigerator upon arrival. The desk phone only worked on speaker phone, and would hang up on the caller if you lifted the handset. The cleaning lady must not understand basic English, as she walked in on me in my underwear after I yelled "NO THANKS" 4 times during her knocking and "house keeeeeping" phrase.

The manager did not refund our money, and only offered to take $20 off our total room cost of $95!!! This is horrendous management. I have placed a lengthy detailed complaint with their Guest Assistance department, with a special note for the manager to be apprehended. We also demanded to be fully refunded by corporate or we would continue to contact the BBB and to spread the truth about their operations.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bmmontagne
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Not too bad of a stay for less than $100. Building at the time of the review was about 2 years old. Friendly staff and apperance. Saw one cricket in the hall and had issues with 2 pop machines.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!