“Not to recommendt”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Bochum, Germany
“Not to recommendt”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The rooms were ok but already very used it was not cleaned up good. The pool was horrible, dirty and the Jacuzzi was not heated. We checkt out and took another Hotel in Gainesville. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Enja L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
colorado
Reviewed March 31, 2014

At first glance, the hotel seemed nice. Beautiful staircase as you enter. Upon closer inspection, the hallways were filthy! The carpets appear to not have been vacuumed for quite some time. The floors were dirty too. The men's restroom in the lobby had only a bar of soap and it looked like someone had vomited in the sink.
Breakfast was not what you would expect for the price we paid. There was no cream for the coffee. I could have used milk but they were out of that too. No orange juice either. As we left, we noticed garbage all over the property near the dumpster area and garbage and cigarette butts everywhere near the entrance. I asked the front desk why they wouldn't have gone to a local grocery store to purchase milk and cream. They obviously have no power to change anything. I asked to be compensated but the lady said all she could do was say that she was sorry. What an unrewarding job that must be for her.
I mean no offense to the Roadway Inn with the title of my review. I bet it would be cleaner at the Roadway. I would not stay at the Comfort Suites again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mykidsmama
Idalia I, Manager at Comfort Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Idalia Ibarra
Front Desk Manager
Comfort Suites Gainesville, Tx
940-665-5000

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The rooms were very clean. Very comfortable beds. Clean and safe ground.The hot breakfast was not what we expected for the price & not a good selection. We could have stayed at a less expensive hotel if we would have known that.

• Stayed March 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for a late Valentine's getaway. The curb appeal was great. The location was also great. The casino was maybe a few exits down from the hotel. The rooms were clean and stocked well. The only complaint I have is that the hot tub was out of order. But, overall this was a great hotel. The staff was also nice and respectful.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Softface2013
Arlington
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked and prepaid our room online for New Year's Eve 2013. We called the hotel prior to going to our party plans for the evening just to make sure we did not need to physically stop by. The desk clerk updated our loyalty card on the phone and assured us our room was set since we had prepaid. Half past midnight we went to the hotel to learn that our room was given to people that decided to extend their stays leaving us with no room and the area was totally booked. The GM Kelsey showed up and called the police on us and accused my husband of drinking...he had not drank any alcohol nor does he..he was upset understandably. We had to drive 30 miles to find and pay for another hotel. That management and hotel location is a disgrace to the choice hotel family. My credit card was finally credited but no thanks to that location. I would skip that stop, nice looking exterior but do not be fooled.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda V
Gainesville
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Room and services very good. Front desk personnel rude and confused about our good credit card. They made us contact Expedia and our credit card service. The hotel called us for several days expecting us to solve their problems.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

CONROE
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We did not see the Comfort Suites while looking intently on both sides of I-35 in the designated vacinity and wizzed by it and had to turn back at another exit. The reason was that the sign at the top of the building was not lit and rather blended in and the actual building was surrounded by signs for another hotel! WTH!!! Okay, it was late in the day and our aging eyes did not see it right away, but we had NO trouble seeing the OTHER hotel signs posted around our building!

Our room was spotless and had a nice flat screen TV. Since we were going up to Winstar that evening, I desired a coffee pick-me-up, but the two coffee pouches by the room coffee pot were both DE caffinated. I remembered seeing a sign posted that there was coffee all the time in the breakfast room, so I went down there to get some. Ha! Okay, there was a little stone cold coffee left in the bottom of a thermal decanter. Yuk! No thanks! I went to the front desk and asked for some regular coffee for the pot in our room. I was told someone would bring some up. 15 or 20 minutes later I tried to call the front desk to inquire about the coffee. There was a special button on the phone for front desk. I pushed it and nothing happened. I dialed 'O' and nothing happened. Finally my nephew went down to ask about the coffee (he was bored and wanted a little exploration). He came back soon, however, with the report that 'they didn't have any'. Gave up, and went on to the Casino for the evening.

I had rented a room that had a sofa bed with the intentions of our nephew sleeping on it, but we found that the mattress was not made up. Nephew happily went down to get some bedding and blankets, but returned soon with the report that there were none. Luckily our other guest gave him the comforter off her bed, as there were a couple of blankets on her bed also and she did not feel like she needed the cover.

My husband was looking forward to the hotel hot tub, but not only did he manage to get off without his swim trunks, but the hot tub was out of order.

I can only say that the room and bedding was immaculate and the halls smelled fresh. There were some small details that were irritating about the stay. We will at least know to bring our own coffee if we stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have someone sleeping on a sofa couch, bring your own linens and blankets. If you want coffee...