Comfort Suites Gainesville
QualityInn
$62
Budget Host Motel(Gainesville)
$45
All reviewswinstar casinorooms are bigcomfortable bedsdecent hotelsmall issueindoor poolcheck in was smoothsausageice machinefree breakfast iswafflesa wonderful staygreat customer servicehot tubmini fridgewould stay here againoff the highway
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for a late Valentine's getaway. The curb appeal was great. The location was also great. The casino was maybe a few exits down from the hotel. The rooms were clean and stocked well. The only complaint I have is that the hot tub was out of order. But, overall this was a great hotel. The staff was also nice and respectful.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Softface2013
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I booked and prepaid our room online for New Year's Eve 2013. We called the hotel prior to going to our party plans for the evening just to make sure we did not need to physically stop by. The desk clerk updated our loyalty card on the phone and assured us our room was set since we had prepaid. Half past midnight we went to the hotel to learn that our room was given to people that decided to extend their stays leaving us with no room and the area was totally booked. The GM Kelsey showed up and called the police on us and accused my husband of drinking...he had not drank any alcohol nor does he..he was upset understandably. We had to drive 30 miles to find and pay for another hotel. That management and hotel location is a disgrace to the choice hotel family. My credit card was finally credited but no thanks to that location. I would skip that stop, nice looking exterior but do not be fooled.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda V
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Room and services very good. Front desk personnel rude and confused about our good credit card. They made us contact Expedia and our credit card service. The hotel called us for several days expecting us to solve their problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We did not see the Comfort Suites while looking intently on both sides of I-35 in the designated vacinity and wizzed by it and had to turn back at another exit. The reason was that the sign at the top of the building was not lit and rather blended in and the actual building was surrounded by signs for another hotel! WTH!!! Okay, it was late in the day and our aging eyes did not see it right away, but we had NO trouble seeing the OTHER hotel signs posted around our building!

Our room was spotless and had a nice flat screen TV. Since we were going up to Winstar that evening, I desired a coffee pick-me-up, but the two coffee pouches by the room coffee pot were both DE caffinated. I remembered seeing a sign posted that there was coffee all the time in the breakfast room, so I went down there to get some. Ha! Okay, there was a little stone cold coffee left in the bottom of a thermal decanter. Yuk! No thanks! I went to the front desk and asked for some regular coffee for the pot in our room. I was told someone would bring some up. 15 or 20 minutes later I tried to call the front desk to inquire about the coffee. There was a special button on the phone for front desk. I pushed it and nothing happened. I dialed 'O' and nothing happened. Finally my nephew went down to ask about the coffee (he was bored and wanted a little exploration). He came back soon, however, with the report that 'they didn't have any'. Gave up, and went on to the Casino for the evening.

I had rented a room that had a sofa bed with the intentions of our nephew sleeping on it, but we found that the mattress was not made up. Nephew happily went down to get some bedding and blankets, but returned soon with the report that there were none. Luckily our other guest gave him the comforter off her bed, as there were a couple of blankets on her bed also and she did not feel like she needed the cover.

My husband was looking forward to the hotel hot tub, but not only did he manage to get off without his swim trunks, but the hot tub was out of order.

I can only say that the room and bedding was immaculate and the halls smelled fresh. There were some small details that were irritating about the stay. We will at least know to bring our own coffee if we stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have someone sleeping on a sofa couch, bring your own linens and blankets. If you want coffee at times other than breakfast you may want to also bring your own coffee. It took a little filter pack - not K cup, either.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was great to find a room for New Years Eve that did not charge a life savings. Could not believe that they were not taking advantage of customers because of holiday...

All rooms were suites with plenty of room... big TV, microwave, refrigerator, 2 queen beds in addition to queen size sleeper sofa. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. I suggest you take your own pillows. They only had one kind, big and bulky.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends